Twenty-Six

Harry's POV

"Please don't go." I look down to Zuri wrapped up in the sheets in her childhood bedroom, she's sticking out that bottom lip and those puppy dog eyes. her hand is wrapped around my wrists tugging me closer to her, the temptation is almost too much but I can't. I have shit to do.

"I'll be seeing you in no time, you can have some one-on-one time with your mum." I smile down at her, then tug my wrist from her hold and finish fastening my jeans up. It's about 7am on Sunday morning, I have just gotten dressed whilst Zuri watched, well gawked, over me the whole time.

She kept letting the sheet drop a little to show her bare chest with those heavy breasts which had my pants tightening and my mouth-watering. But no. I really did need to go. She had to give me my shirt back which meant she was now naked in that bed which really wasn't helping the whole I do need to go debate with myself. And she didn't sweat at all last night, the shirt smells like heaven. It smells like my girl and I get to wear that around with me all day.

I was going to change the top once I got back to my place but since I put it on, I have been suffocated in the most sensual way with her scent. I don't think I want to even wash my clothes again if she's going to wear them, unless she comes over and sprays whatever magic perfume she has all over them. I'd happily smell like a woman for the rest of my life if it meant I could smell her all day.

But then again, I don't think that would go down too well with the boys. They already know I've fallen hard for her so I think that would really push them over the edge. So maybe we will hold off on that front just yet.

Speaking of the boys, we have been busy since that note. That god damn note. The blood on it, we have no clue about, we don't exactly have testing kits for that. As for the writing, we cross analysed it with a lot of our enemies who have sent death threats in the past, none of them match. That doesn't mean the threat is from my side but I have a feeling this is more personal to Zuri. Which is scarier because I have no clue who they are and they don't know me. They don't know the things I have done. At least with my own enemies they know what they're playing with and I sure as hell won't hold back to kill each and every one of them.

However, with the car chase, I had managed to track the registration plate off of the SUV and it turned out it was a rented car. I've had my other men digging through the records to find out what where and when did the person have the car.

Also, my men who are in the private investigator sector had gotten back to me about Zuri's stepdad but who seemed like a sound guy. No kids, one ex-wife which is Zuri's mum and then it all began to make sense. When Zuri was 16, the year in which Rose Michaels had divorced and left her husband Mark, she always filed a restraining order against him.

And not for her.

For Zuri.

With Zuri being a minor, her mother could do this without her knowledge and I'm presuming that is the case since she hasn't mentioned it before. In fact, she hasn't really said much bad about her stepdad. Except we know her mum has and that restraining order is the key to that. so I had my men dig deeper, I need to know why she had that put in place. they're not easy to get and I have a feeling Rose Michaels isn't much of a drama queen but more of a realist especially when it comes to Zuri.

"I'll miss you." I pulled by my thoughts my Zuri's soft voice as she peeks her head out of the duvet that she has now lifted all the way up. I can tell she's being shy by her tone of voice but I can also see a small hint of rosiness in her cheeks. This makes my heart melt.

Taking a seat on the side of the bed, I lean forward pulling the duvet down to at least her chin so I can see her face. Raising my hand, I push a small piece of hair behind her ear, which is my favourite thing to do, and then murmur.