THE REAPING FOR THE 74TH HUNGER GAMES

September was already well into a quick ritual by the 74th Hunger Games. The day before, make sure she soils all of her good clothes, so she can ride to the Capitol in a comfortable T-Shirt, that had been patched so much, that it resembled a rainbow, with the most worn down jeans. Aphrodite always wrinkled her nose at September's poor styling choices, but seriously, she can't do anything, but watch in pain, as September put up her black hair in a terrible ponytail. 

Jogging to Mayor Grant's house, just in time for the Reaping, September earned a disappointed look from August, before stepping outside, to see the kids that would be reaped again. 

Luna introduced them to the audience, as the members of District 9 quietly looked at the two. 

"And now... for the Reaping." Luna smiles, reaching into the ball and picking out a name from the girl's pile. "Friday? Friday Grant." 

Gasps were heard throughout the area, as Mayor Grant's daughter was chosen. 

Friday slowly walked up to the stage, her ginger hair swaying in the wind, her brown eyes darting anywhere but the Mayor. 

"Good girl, good girl, now just stay right here," Luna says, pointing to her right side. Friday still didn't say anything, bowing down to look at her shoes. "How old are you darling?"

"14." Friday mumbles. 

"What a lovely age honey." Luna smiles. "Now for the boys." She reached into the ball and pulled out a name. "March Kane?"

A young boy, his skin darkened possibly with many years in the fields, walked upstage quietly. 

"Hello, March. You can stand right there darling." Luna smiles. "How old are you?"

"15," March replies. 

"How wonderful." Luna smiles. "Shake hands now." 

March's hazel eyes looked at Friday, and Friday looked at March. It seemed like they knew that one or both of them weren't coming home. 

As August and September boarded the train, quietly going to their rooms, which were quite far away from the Tributes room. 

"Wanna watch the Reapings?" August asks, peeking into September's room.

"Let's go. I have nothing to do." September nods, following August to his room. 

They turned on the TV, opening up to the District One Reapings. Nothing much special, really. It was the same like 2 people volunteer or one from the Careers, and nothing else much. 

But when District 12 rolled around, it was something that September had probably never seen before. 

As Primrose Everdeen was picked, a scream rang out though the Reaping area, and a brown-haired girl with green eyes ran into the aisle, and volunteered. 

The girl in question, was Katniss Everdeen, Primrose's older sister. 

The boy to get picked next was Peeta Mellark. 

"Interesting," August says. "That'll be a show."

September narrowed her eyes at the screen, which now showed Caeser Flickerman gushing over the "act of bravery" that Katniss had done. "I have a feeling District 12 will show us something new. Maybe flip the scales in our favor."

August looks questioningly at September. "You mean?"

"I think these Games will change Panem, forever," September says. "Come on, let's not keep the Tributes waiting."