Part 1- THE REAPING OF THE 69TH HUNGER GAMES

September shakily walked back home from the market, putting the small bag of bread on the kitchen table. November Fernsby, her older sister looked up and smiled upon seeing her younger sister.

"There you are. Mother was getting worried. Come on, lets get you ready for Reaping." November had just turned 19, so she was completely free of the Hunger Games, however, September had her name in the bowl twice. Two was a small number, November assured. September need not worry.

"Where is mother?" September asks.

"No clue. But, September, if you ever do get Reaped, I want you to have this." She took off her necklace, with the symbol of District 9 on it. "Remember the rubber band plan." 

"I will." September echoes, looking down at the necklace. 

November helped her into a wheat-colored dress, apparently Ellison style, and put her hair into 2 space buns, before dressing up herself. They stood at their small, dusty mirror.

"October would be proud." November smiles. October Fernsby, September's older brother had been reaped for the 67th Hunger Games, but never came back.

"He would." September nods.

"ALL DISTRICT 9, PLEASE REPORT TO THE TOWN SQUARE. ALL DISTRICT 9, PLEASE REPORT TO THE TOWN SQUARE." 

"Oh hello, dears!" Mrs. Fernsby ran into the room. "We're almost late, so let's go!"

Mr. Fernsby met them down in the kitchen and the small family walked to the town hall, along with other kids and their families. They soon parted ways, and September was left alone to sign in. They took her blood and made her stamp her fingers on a piece of paper.

September stood with the other 12-year-olds as Luna Abbott, District 9's official aid came up.

"Welcome, welcome, to the 69th annual Hunger Games!" Luna chirped. Silence. Luna awkwardly turned on the video player, which showed the video of how the Hunger Games came to be. As the video ended, Luna burst into claps, but no one was interested. 

"Now for the female Tribute!" Luna ruffled around the ball, and slowly took out a piece of paper. She opened it and called out the name. "September Fernsby!" 

September froze. 

"Come on September, let's go, don't be shy." Luan beckons.

"No!" September could hear November scream. She could hear her mother dissolve into tears, as well as her dad. She shakily walked up to the podium. "No!"

"Hello, September! How old are you honey?" Luna asks, shoving the microphone in her face.

"12." September whispers and she could see almost everyone give her looks of pity, as November continued to scream.

"Now for the male Tribute!" Luna dug around the ball and pulling out a name. "Sunday Adams?" 

A tall, burly young boy walked up to the podium. September stared at the boy. He was large, and she was not. He probably could take her out so quickly.

"How old are you?"

"17." Sunday answers.

"Well, shake hands!" Luna beckons and Sunday put his hand out. September took it, and they shook hands.

The next few days were a blur, as November whispered. "Down with the Capitol." and her parents recommending the katana to her.

They met their mentor, August Hanne, who immediately told them to "Never underestimate the enemy. Use your loved ones as your motivation." 

Now, September stood naked on a platform, as her stylist, Aphrodite Cardew rushed in.

"Dear God, I told them not to! Here you go sweetie, go change, I'm so sorry about that." Aphrodite profusely apologizes, as September changed into her costume for the Tribute Parade.

" Aphrodite profusely apologizes, as September changed into her costume for the Tribute Parade

September climbed on the Chariot, and took a deep breath.

It was showtime.