THE TRIBUTE PARADE, TRAINING, AND EVALUATION

September stared to the front, as the chariot slowly was pulled forward. Sunday kept on waving at the crowd, but September couldn't. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and start crying. Her bottom lip quivered, and she couldn't stop tapping her right foot. Sunday flashed a reassuring smile at her, and she stared at him with an incredulous look. They were in the Hunger Games, and Sunday actually had the audacity to smile at her?

Hell, September wasn't amused. Especially since she had a low survival rate. 

As the Tribute Parade came to an end, September stumbled to the elevator, and as it slowly climbed up, September took in its contents. Both districts 4 and 10 were in the elevator, as August struck up a conversation with the mentors. Sunday looked around, as September thought about what November had said to her. 

The rubber band plan

Well, September already knew she had to take out the Careers, from districts 1,2, and 4, the tall, muscular tribute from 10, and some more. September stared at the door, as district 4 walked out, and the elevator continued its ascent. 

The next day, it was training day. The overseer told them some statistics that September hadn't bothered to listen to. She already had a plan. 

September walked over to the katana's and throwing stars, and she lifted a katana up with ease, twirling it side by side. September flicked the blade, slowly getting the hang of the blade in her hands. She soon upgraded to practicing on dummies, as she smiled inwardly toward herself. 

Lunch came, and September ate alone, as alliances were made, and lunch was eaten. September didn't have time for alliances.

After the 1st training day, September requested rubber bands from an Avox and said Avox did get her some. She smiled, and said thanks, before retreating into her room to practice.  

The soft rubber twangs of the band became no stranger to her, as she slowly practiced the movement. It was comforting to September, alright, but she kept one staring at the wall for a while, and she kept on thinking that she was seeing something. What was it?

The next day, September practiced throwing little shurikens. She was surprisingly good at it and was still left alone, especially by Sunday. No problem. It would make his loss slightly less painful on September's part. 

On the final day, September spent her entire time at the survival area, making sure she remembered each planet, and how to build a fire, and set traps. She had to be lethal, in order to survive. Hand-to-hand combat wasn't as nice to her, but at last, she did get it, before training ended.

"The next day is your evaluation day. You have to show the Captiol people your skill level. Be careful, this may determine the amount of sponsors you have." August informed.

"So they are just testing us before they kill us." September said.

"In a way." August nods, a bit amused.

"Well, if we want District 9 to have a Victor, we need to try our best. Maybe make more alliances." Sunday replies.

"Well, I haven't been socializing much, so I'll probably be alone." September said.

"And killed immediately." Sunday adds.

"Not necessarily." September snaps. 

The next day, September and Sunday sat with the other, much older Tributes, waiting for their turn. 

Soon, it was Sunday's turn and September was left alone. September fiddled with her fingers, not even looking up. 

She knew she had to kill The Career's first, then the guy from 10. She knew that the 2 guys from 12 and 11 had to go.

Probably just every male expect from 3, 5, 6, and 8. 

It was finally September's turn. She carefully walked in the room, and took a shuriken, and katana. She first threw, and it embedded itself in the dummies shoulder. September took some flowers, and then adorned the dummy in flowers, before slicing the head off. 

"Thank you." September walked away. 

Her score was in the hands of the Gamemakers.