THE INTERVIEWS

September stared distastefully at the TV as it displayed their scores. Her stylist team, August, and Sunday stared at the screen, as the female from 8 earned a 6.

"Next up is Sunday Adams from District 9, earning a 10!" Ceaser Flickerman laughs. "Then, September Fernsby, from District 9, with a recording-breaking score for her age, a 9!"

"Oh, a record-breaking score! How wonderful dear!" Aphrodite croons.

"Nice job September. We'll be a great team." Sunday held out his hand, and September took it. At least she didn't have to be known as the girl who took out her own District partner, however, it didn't calm her nerves at all. 

Aphrodite jumped up and quickly ushered the group away from the TV.

"It's just an interview 'Dite, it's nothing that bad." August shook his head.

"It is! The final day for sponsors! Honestly, I think I'm more of the mentor than you August." Aphrodite shook her head. 

August merely chuckled and stayed on the couch. Aphrodite shook her head, leading Sunday and September away from the mentor. 

"He's as useful as a pile of rotten grain." Sunday snorts.

"He's damaged. No one knows what the mentor's going through when both of their Tributes die." September snaps. "None of them do." Aphrodite and Sunday were quiet, as Sunday parted ways with his stylist, and Aphrodite and September were left in the room. 

"Well, I did grab some dresses for you, and I hope that it's to your taste," Aphrodite says, pulling a few dresses out of the closet. 

First was a ballroom type gown, studded with diamonds at the bodice, and had a long green skirt, with a train. It definitely would trip her somehow, and make her a fool. 

"No." She shook her head.

"Please just try it?" Aphrodite pleads. Septemeber relented and put on the gaudy dress.

"It's too big," September complained as she put on matching green heels. 

"It quite is. Well, here's another one, go change darling." Aphrodite handed her another gown, this time with black ballet flats with a small bow at the end of it.

September put on the dress. It was a nice change, the Hi-Low dress stopped at her ankles, and had an infinity belt studded with diamonds around her waist. The top had 2 spaghetti straps, and a big strap around her shoulders.

She walked out, definitely happier than before. Aphrodite scrunched her eyebrows, shook her head, and then gave her another dress. 

September sighed, put on the dress. 

The soft yellow of it blew September away. The fabric was like a blanket, the tulle of the gown flowed out beautifully. The strapless ball gown twirled nicely, and September felt as pretty as the princesses in November's stories. The belt was adorned with flowers, and the bodice was covered with floral patterns, going all the way down from the belt, and then stopping at different places on the dress, creating a vine-like feeling. September slipped on the white heels and walked out of the room. 

"Oh. Oh. You look so beautiful! Just like a flower girl at weddings." Aphrodite cried. 

"Thanks." September smiles. 

"Come on now, let's get your hair and makeup done." Aphrodite made her sit on a stool, as she applied light makeup to her face, doing something called Beauty-Base Zero.

"Usually they have a prep team. What happened?" September questions.

"There was a shortage, so I and Andon, Sunday's stylist, decided to go without any. It's completely fine honey, they run out all the time." Aphrodite replies, as she carefully curled September's hair into elaborate curls. She pulled some of the hair back, and did a braided half-up, but left in some curls framing the face. She set in a flower crown, of white roses, and sunflowers, and finally, September was ready for the interviews.