TIGRIS- 74TH HUNGER GAMES

(A/N: Oh wow, thank you all so much for the reads, and votes! I can't thank you enough :) updates will be on every Wednesday unless there is a complication, in which I will be posting about on my message board. This was a late update, since Wattpad didn't let me publish ;-; Today's a short chapter, since I don't have a lot of time-)

September Fernsby didn't know what to think of the Victors, Friday and March. Friday spent half of her time crying, and another half staring into nothingness. March, on the other hand, was brash and refused to listen to basically anyone. 

"If you could win when you were 12, I'm sure I'm able to!" March says, stabbing his fork into his meat, and bringing the piece into his mouth, chewing quickly. 

"You're disgusting." Luna wrinkles her face in disgust, shaking her head.  

"You can't have everything just by punching everyone." August sighs.

"I can," March replies. "It's why my parents named me March. I march straight on into anything."

"All kids here have a name that's from the months, the days, the seasons, an object, a color, and miscellaneous. You're really not that special." September replies, grabbing another gummy red fish. She had taken a liking to the red gummy candy, and always had some in her pocket once she reached the Capitol. 

Once they did reach the Capitol, they had to abandon the children, as they were given time to explore the Capitol, before arriving at the place where the Tributes would be shown. 

September took this time to walk down the sketchiest alleyways, to a little shop in the corner of the Capitol, owned by Tigris. She was a nice lady, with a tiger theme, and growled often. She owned a clothing store near the President's Mansion and held a deep hatred for Snow, which September never knew why, but each time she brought up Snow's name, she'd growl and her tail would flick dangerously, reminding September of the old cat that lived by the old house by the fields, who'd hiss at the 3 Fernsby siblings when they got too close for its liking. Once, October had gotten scratched by the damn cat, but after a day, they'd come back, taunting the cat, who so stubbornly refused to move from their spot. 

When September reached the end of the alleyway and opened the door, the bell tinkling merrily, Tigris was there to greet her with a smile and growl. 

"Welcome back," Tigris spoke, giving a small tin of the red fish gummy candy that she loved to her. 

"Thanks, Tigris." September smiles, walking to a table at the front amongst weird assorted underwear and clothes. 

"Pleasure," Tigris growls, her tail flicking as they walked past the beautiful chandeliers, and bright lights, and marble floors. 

"I don't think I can stay here for long, people might come looking for me," September admits. 

"You mean the same people who left you to your own devices when you first explored the Capitol?" Tigris questions, in her gravelly voice that reminded September of a cat. 

"Hmm," September replies, popping another gummy fish in her mouth, letting it rest on her mouth. "I suppose so."

Tigris's tail flicked again, maybe in annoyance, as she took one of her overlarge whiskers, and began stroking it, staring uncomfortably at a mannequin with a fur-lined jacket. "Stay safe." 

"I will, Tigris. Thank you for all your help and guidance." September states truthfully, staring at Tigris thoughtfully. 

"You are welcome anytime," Tigris says, a far-off look in her eyes. 

"Okay. I'll get going then. You can keep the rest." September awkwardly stands up from the spinny chair, and sets the tin gently on the table, before walking out.