HOME

(The media is the dress that September is wearing and thanks for 100 reads!)

September didn't know how long she had stayed there in the hospital, but soon she was whisked about, remade into Beauty Base-Zero by Aphrodite. 

September thought her mind was much more jumbled than before, as she sat there, waiting for Ceasar to announce her name. 

It was nerve-wracking, really. August had calmed her down before, but that was before September actually was sitting in the room. 

"Ladies and Gentleman, give it up for our newest Victor, September Fernsby!" Ceasar laughs.

September got up, pulling a fake smile, and strutting up to Ceaser.

"Aren't you something special September!" Ceasar smiles, as they both sat down.

"I hope so! Now that I've survived the arena, I'm excited to see what life has in store for me!" September grins. 

"I love your dress, it's like you're already dressed to be the Flower Girl at someone's wedding!" Ceasar comments, touching the tulle layers of September's dress. 

"Thank you! And if you do get married, I hope I can be there!" September winked at the crowd, making them go wild.

"Oh, she's cheeky!" Ceasar cries, his face lighting up in delight. "She's cheeky!"

The screen lit up with September's Games, and she had to use all her willpower to not run away, but expect smile. 

"Now, let's view your Games Miss Fernsby," Ceasar says, and the screen continued on.

Smile at the deaths she caused.

Smile when the Capitol hooted with laughter at September's cheek at 11 and 12 in the arena.

Smile when billions of cannons sounded just because September had to survive.

September smiled as she received the crown from President Snow.

September smiled and waved at crowds of Capitol people. 

She kept up the facade until the train left. 

She burst into tears.

"Hey there Sept." August coos, rubbing his hands comfortably on September's back, as she coughed and cried. "It's almost over. It's completely fine Munchkin. Let it all out."

September wailed to her heart's content, before collapsing from exhaustion. Luna stared sadly at the young petite girl in August's arms before he gently laid her down on a bed.

"It's a long journey Munchkin. Try to sleep alright?" August pat September's head, smiling at the girl.

It wasn't something that came forced, brother's instinct, but once August saw the loss of that spark of innocence in September's eyes once they fished her out of the arena, August knew that he wanted to make sure that no one would even destroy her even more. 

It didn't help that October's last words to him were Keep them safe. 

August didn't understand before, but now he knew October was talking about September and November. His sisters. 

"I promise." August echoed his last words to the dead Fernsby brother. 

September slowly woke up to rays of soft sunlight on her face. She woke up and yawned slightly, stretching her arms. 

"There you are Sugar Plum. Come on, we're almost to District 9." Luna almost immediately appeared at the door, and September nodded, before noticing she was in her dress still.  "Come on Sugar Plum. We need to get you cleaned up." 

Luna and September spent the morning cleaning up, and in the end, September was wearing a comfortable wheat-colored jumpsuit.

The train slowed to a stop at District 9, and September stepped out to cheering and clapping. September turned to a long time customer of her family's and asked.

"Where's my family?" 

"I'm sorry." He shook his head. September stepped off the platform, and the crowd let her go. 

She didn't know what happened, but her slow walking turned into sprinting, running towards her house.

Or what was left of it.

Charred remains were all that remained at her house. 

"I'm sorry September. They were just starting to move out. They had everything, but they insisted on coming back to make you some bread before you came home. That's when a Capitol bomb fell." Mr. Adams says.

September disregarded everything, instead, letting tears slide down her cheeks. 

Snow 1, September, 0