THE GAMES, PART 2

September flew past every single branch and tree, flying into the flower fields, where a strange plant trips her. She slowly got up, grabbing her katana and shurikens, wishing she had brought a dagger with her. She crept toward the plant, where the vine held a strange, yellow flower. September inspected it and realized it was called the Charm-Cutting Grass by people from long ago. She looked around and saw even more dangerous plants, and she resolved to follow the path.

She soon noticed a Glossy Ganoderma field, and then more plants became edible along the way. Soon, she reached a winding river, that went around the area, kind of like a dome. It swirled around and September decided to make camp here. She took out the items in her bag. 

A light sleeping bag, rope, and fire-making tools in one. The other had possibly a week's amount of tablets to make the water clean, and then at least 5 days of food, if not rationed. If rationed, about a week, and finally a water bottle. September gathered her things in one bag, which she noted was a terrible sea-green, and the water bottle, which was an even more terrible electric blue. The other backpack was brown, which September thought would easily camouflage in the surroundings. She quickly switched bags, and now with her katana in hand, shurikens in a pocket, and sea-green backpack, she quickly made her way back to the poison field. When she got closer, she approached many dead bodies, before she starting filling the loathsome backpack up. 

She left the backpack hanging on a tree, hidden, but not really, with its horrid color poking out. That should kill at least 2 dim-witted Tributes, September thought with relish. She walked back to the river, which September found 2 more Tributes drinking from it. She studied the 2, either from 10 or 8, drinking the water hungrily before they seized up, like having a seizure, and fell into the river, the bodies of the 2 Tributes from 8 bobbing up and down. 2 cannons. 

September climbed up a willow hanging over the tree, as a Hovercraft picked up the two. 

Night soon fell upon September, and as the holograms lit up the night sky, September could see who was killed. 

Of course, the Careers, Chanel, Jupiter, Aegis, Amazon, Siren, and Cod. Then Mac from 3, Tiberius from 6, Sequoia and Palmer from 7, Ashleen and Sterling, from 8, and finally, Vivian of 10. The holograms ended, and September fell into a restless sleep. 

The next morning, September was woken up by the sound of 3 cannons, and loud laughing. Not the Careers, but it was Clementine, Basil, Mist, and Ash, seemingly taken the place of the Careers. 

"Did you see 3's face?" Clementine laughs, high-fiving Mist.

"And then when both from 5 ate those plants, and dropped dead?" Ash chorlted. 

"Hey, up there, on the tree. It's the girl from 9." Basil comments.

"Oh, let's leave her, there's still more. Besides, there's still 3 more, we'll kill her last." Mist shook her head.

"There's a field of flowers over there." September pointed to the Wolfsbane, which killed the consumer in 10 minutes. "You can eat the entire plant. Really refreshing."

"Should we take her advice?" Basil questions.

"Sure, there's no harm." Ash shurgs. "Any posionsus parts?"

"Yeah, the roots." September nods, her lying skills impressing herself.

"Alright, let's go." Mist walked to the direction September was pointing in, and the others followed her. September smiled and shook her head, as she slowly climbed down the tree, and made her way up the mountain. 

One cannon and September saw Tamara's body roll down the hill. She took out her katana, and as she made it to the large silver area, which September forgot the name on, a large body mass slammed into her. Her katana was knocked out of her hand, and several shurikens flew out of her pocket.

"Sunday! It's me!" September shrieks.

"You monster! Killing that much people!" Sunday roars, pupils dilated into small slits.

"What happened to you?" September screams.

"It's just a plant Pixelle gave me." Sunday smiles terribly. "Nothing to worry about."

"There's something wrong with you!" Sunday flung September off the mountain, and she was hanging by a tough branch.

"There's nothing wrong with me! October would be disgusted with you!" Sunday screams, lowering his foot.

"You killed the girl from 6 didn't you?" September spits.

"Yeah, just the one and my finale will be you." Sunday lifted his foot, as a cannon fired, and then put it on one of September's hands, making it fall. The second cannon, however, startled him and sent him falling. The 3rd cannon and September grabbed his hand. "Let me go!"

"No! If there's one Victor, I'd rather it be either you or me!" September yells.

"Shut up September. I tried to kill my District partner. No one will want me." Sunday's eyes slowly returned to its normal shape. 

"No." September shook her head.

"I'll say hi to October for you." The fourth cannon and Sunday pushed himself from September's grasp, and September stared, dumbfounded, as Sunday's body made a horrible crack as it reached the ground, and a cannon sounded. September sobbed, pulling herself up, and on the mountain, grabbing her katana and backpack. Ignoring her parched throat, or her stomach rumbling, she walked numbly, collecting her stuff. 

"Hello." September looks up. The boy from 10 twirled his sword in his hand.

"Hey." September croaks.

"This seems, a terrible time to kill you." District 10 lowers his sword and kicks it away.

"I don't wanna kill anyone. Go ahead." September drops everything she was holding.

"No. I'm not a piece in the Capitol's Games. I'm not, and I'm not killing anyone." 10 drops everything as well.

"There can't be 2 victors." September shook her head.

"Then let's turn this into another game. I'm Cooper." Cooper handed out his hand.

"September." September and Cooper shook hands.

"Here's the game. You and I both get 5 plants, deadly or safe, and be back here by the sunrise. We turn our backs and then organize them in a place, and then we go to the others, and pick a plant, and eat it. May the one who knows the plants best wins." Cooper answers. "That way, we still die ourselves."

"Alright." They shook hands.