PARADE- 74TH HUNGER GAMES

Sometimes September wishes she could hide in a closet and never come back out. 

Not that she's already in one, but still. 

Wedged in between Johanna and Finnick, and listening to Finnick and Phoebe aimlessly talk was painful, while Johanna complains loudly about her Tributes. 

"What about you, September? What about your Tributes?" Johanna questions. "God, I'd love to stick my fist in their faces."

"They're fine. I guess. I mean, well, you know, March is like alright, but Friday is great. I mean, she's pretty. I mean pretty good." September says quickly. 

Johanna raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything. "Alright then?"

Just then, the gong sounds, and the Tribute parade begins. 

First was District One, of course, and then each one of them moved to the back, to get the Tributes to their rooms until District 12 came along. 

They were on fire. 

But they weren't burning, so September was quite curious, so she leaned a bit forward, narrowing her eyes at the two. 

They both held hands, and the crowd went absolutely wild. 

"September!" A soft voice calls out. 

"Huh? Annie?" September questions, turning around to see Annie Cresta's sea-green eyes, a trademark of District 4. 

"September, I've been calling your name for a long time," Annie says, staring at September. Brown hair swaying in the slight breeze that went through the area, soft, angelic voice laced with concern, sea-green eyes that September remembered to look like the ocean, and-

"September?"

"Oh, sorry!" September blushes, shuffling her feet side by side nervously. "You were saying?"

"Oh, well, I was just wondering where you were. I was a bit worried when you didn't show up to our meeting before the Parade." Annie says, before her eyes glossed over, and froze.

September gently took her hand, rubbing it comfortably. 

Annie frequently spaced out, due to her PTSD from her Games. Sometimes, she'd cover her ears and eyes, when it got really bad, and sometimes spaced out a lot as well. Poor Annie. September thought sadly, leading her gently to Finnick. 

"Hey, Sept! Oh, is that Annie? Here, I'll take her for you. You go find August, okay munchkin?" Finnick smiles, taking Annie's hand. 

"Yeah, I will. Thank you, Finnick." September smiles, walking away quickly. 

Did September care a bit too much? Maybe she did, but Annie was different. September actually liked her from the start. 

And maybe she was being stupid, and rambling but she could talk about Annie Cresta all day

After all, she was her best friend... right?