01

┊   ┊   ┊   ┊

┊    ┊   ┊  ✧・゚

┊   ┊    ✧・゚

┊  ✧・゚

✧・゚

I grip the plastic handles of my bag tightly as I look over to Haruhi, "Why did I have to carry the bag?" I whine. The girl scoffs, "You lost at rock paper scissors fair and square. Now, stop complaining." "So cruel..." I pout as I open the door to the host club.

"Ah, speak of the devil... here they are now! Hey there little piglets, did you get everything on the list?" Tamaki winked and pointed in our direction. I scoff and hold out the plastic bag to him, "Yup, it's all here." He nodded and began to dig through the bag before pulling out a container of coffee, "...what's this?" he questioned.

I shake my head, "Good grief... It's instant coffee."

"Instant...?"

And so, I found myself helping serve "commoner's coffee" to a bunch of rich kids. 'This is so lame...'

"This is taking the joke too far, Tamaki, there's no way your palate can stomach that crap," a red-headed girl sighs as she sips on her tea. I turn my attention to her and cock a brow. "Ah, it's nothing, I was just talking to myself," she said as she waved her hand dismissively. I nod my head and return to serving the guests.

***

It had been a week since I had joined Ouran Academy, and here I am, fishing the contents of my book bag from the fountain. 'Don't rich kids have anything better to do than pick on me? Seriously... my wallet was in there...' My frown deepens as I pull yet another soggy notebook from the water 'I'll have to ask Haruhi for her notes later'

"So this is where you ran off to," Tamaki sighed, "Seriously, skipping out on the Host Club to play in the fountain?"

I groan, "I'm not skipping, I'm looking for my wallet."

Tamaki shrugs and rolls up his pants, stepping into the water and helping me search the water. He suddenly looks up at me, "How did your bag end up in here, anyway?"

***

The bell had just rung, dismissing students for the day. I had left class early to get a bandaid for a paper cut and left my bag in the classroom. When I got back to the classroom, my bag was missing.

I frowned and stepped into the hallway, "Maybe Haruhi grabbed it for me..." I mutter to myself as I walk down the empty corridor. I watched a dove fly past the window and that's when I saw it-

"You've gotta be kidding me," I groan as I stare at a familiar bag, floating in one of the many fountains. I make a dash for the stairwell and that's when I pass a certain red-headed girl, I quickly slow to a stop and look down at her.

"You know, he's only taken a temporary interest in you two. Once you graduate, you and Haruhi will be nothing but second-class citizens."

She began walking down the hall again and I frowned, turning back in her direction, "Jealousy is not a good look on you, bitch. To be fair though, I don't think anything looks good on you- Especially not that dress."

With that, I took off down the stairwell.

***

I clutch my soggy school bag in my hand tightly as Tamaki and I walk back to the Host Club in silence.

Kyoya greets us in the doorway and the three of us step into the clubroom. My eyes instantly landed on Haruhi, who sat at a table across from the redhead from earlier. "Fake bitch..." I mutter under my breath.

Suddenly, the girl kicks the table to the side and pulls Haruhi down with her to the floor. She lets out a shrill shriek, "Somebody help! Haruhi suddenly attacked me, get this commoner out of here!"

'This is the first time in my life that I've been provoked to hit a woman.'

I watch as Hikaru and Kaoru pour a vase of water on the two girls. Ayanokoji looks up at the two in shock, "Why- Why'd you do that?" she frowns. Tamaki and I rush over to the scene, I help Haruhi up while Tamaki helps the redhead.

"Tamaki help, Haruhi- he assaulted me..."

Tamaki clicked his tongue and shook his head, "Miss Ayano, you truly are a beautiful maiden, however, you are not classy enough to attend the host club. You threw M/N's bag into the fountain, didn't you?" "What an outrageous claim, do you have any proof?"

"I don't need any. I know Haruhi isn't that kind of man, and M/N isn't clumsy enough to do something so stupid. So I'm sorry Miss, but you are hereby banned from the host club." he said softly. Ayanokoji began to cry as she dashed to the doors, "TAMAKI YOU IDIOOOT!" she cried out.

I held Haruhi's shoulder gently, "You okay?" She nodded and I sighed, "Good,"

"Now, Haruhi, M/N... since this is partially your fault... YOUR QUOTA IS NOW 1,000 GUESTS!!!" Tamaki announced, pointing in our direction. Haruhi's jaw dropped and I winced.

Kyoya holds out a bag to Haruhi, "This is the only dry uniform we have, but it's better than nothing I suppose." he smirked. She took the bag and peeked inside, saying a quick thanks before going to the changing room. I sigh and pull my phone from my pocket, playing a mobile game as the rest of the hosts close the club.

I follow the twins to the lounge outside the changing room as we wait for Haruhi, Tamaki stood as still as a statue. "You okay there boss?" the twins asked, poking him. His eyes widened, "I... walked in on Haruhi... and he... he is actually a she,"

"YOU WHAAAAAT!?!?!??!" I shout and pull him by his collar to my height, "You perverted idiot! I swear if you so much as-" 

"M/N, it's fine, he didn't see anything. Besides, what does it matter if I'm a girl?" Haruhi stated as she stepped out of her changing room in a yellow uniform. I sigh and release the boy, "Yeah, whatever."

┊   ┊   ┊   ┊

┊    ┊   ┊  ✧・゚

┊   ┊    ✧・゚

┊  ✧・゚

✧・゚