07 || More Human

-3rd person's P.O.V-

Katherine sat outside on the school's roof as she looked at the sunset. Back when she and her sisters weren't trapped in this hell hole of school, she would often go up to the rooftop and watch the sun go down.

It was nice seeing how it seemed to blend in with the mountain it always made her feel better. Her head snapped behind when she heard a sound.

Breathing in deep calming herself down when she saw it was Dimitri. "You know students are forbidden to be up here" he said and she rolled her eyes. "I know, i know" she says not really moving from the spot.

He chuckled and walked beside her not sitting down. "They can see you" he tried convincing her to go back inside but she just shrugged. "Eh, not really caring if they do. Kirova already hates me enough, what else can she do?" her voice says carelessly.

That bitch as she called her has already tried making the three girls' lives hard enough. Getting detention won't affect her. "Not seem to care much" he said and again she shrugged her eyes looking at the mountains.

"Why would i? My dad's gone, and the only thing i have left are my two sisters. Which are kind of a pain in the ass but still my sisters. And my mom well i barely see her" he could hear sincerity and some hurt in her voice.

He sat beside her and put a hand on her shoulder making her turn around to cover a blush. "What about the telegrams she sends you?" he asked.

"A piece a paper with what? Two words. Most words she has ever sent are three. What kind of mother does that?" she was always upset at how little her mother paid attention to her and Rose. She understood she had a job elsewhere but come on there were computers she could video call them from. That's why she was so upset at her mother.

"I'm sorry about that" he told her and she gave him a thanks smile.

"No worries" they stayed in silence as they watched the sun almost at its peak of leaving a dark sky.

"You like the sun?" he asked and she nodded. "Too obvious?" Katherine asked. He grinned nodding. "Yeah. It makes me feel better, more human, and it's beautiful" she explains.

She sneaked a glance at him, but he caught her. "Well, i think the sun is pretty, but there are more beautiful things I've seen" he tells her looking at her which caused her to hide a grin and her more red face.

But just as he caught her staring at him, she noticed his eyes looks down at her lips, and then back up to her green eyes. It was like something was pulling them without noticing they were just inches apart.