13 || A Drop Of Blood On A Rose

-3rd person's P.O.V-

Katherine squinted her green eyes looking into the shadows of where she heard the sound coming from. The hairs at the back of her neck spiking up a little seeing it was dangerous to walk towards the sound but did anyways.

Rose thought it would make more sense for her to be upfront and stopped Katherine and put herself first making Katherine roll her eyes but still be altered just in case.

Rose raised up her hand about to throw a punch and Natalie gasps jumping back with eyes wide in fear to see Rose's fist inches away from her nose.

"Natalie...are you nuts? What are you thinking? Trust me, you do not want to have to get a nose job in Montana!" Rose snaps at her surprise it was her. She would've knocked her out for hours if she had managed to collide her hand with the Moroi's girl face.

Natalie shifted on her feet. "Sorry. I'm sorry. It's...when you three left the party, I had no one to...everyone kept staring at me, so I left, and on my way back to the dorms, I swear, someone...more like something, started to follow me" Katherine watched Natalie shake a little as she spoke about it and she felt bad since it's not cool being at a party and not knowing or talking to anyone.

Although someone following her was odd. "Follow you?" Katherine asks her.

"I just...I don't know. I'm probably just being paranoid" Natalie waves it off but Katherine thought that paranoia can sometimes be the one thing that warns you of something.

And like she bought there was a distant howling making them all gasp.

"That's not paranoia," Rose shakes her head. "That's a psi-hound" she takes Lissa's arm and slightly pushes them back.

Katherine had once read about them and that howling sounded so familiar like she had heard it before. The howling of that kind.

"Rose thinks everything is a psi-hound" Lissa tells them.

"What's a psi-hound?" Natalie asks.

Katherine gulps. "A wolf-" growling cut her off and they all start sprinting away as they hear the creature coming towards them.

Katherine doesn't look back but pushes her blonde sister forward and Natalie too as Rose pushed her before all four girls running away feeling the psi-hound right on their backs.

They go onto the next field and the howl becomes distant this time they stopping because of Lissa. "What's my backpack doing over there?"

Katherine knew this wasn't a coincidence. "Lissa wait" she calls but the princess doesn't stop. Their halfsister had looked around spotting the cameras all pointing right where Lissa was going.