Sure thing and I am the easter bunny

Davina had 7 years old the first time a boy ask her to be his wife.

Adrian Bishop was the name of the boy who was two years older than Davina and already had quite impressive record in their school, even for their age.

When Davina told this to her Lela the same afternoon while they where eating their dinner, she was no happy about it.

The next morning her Lela change her of school — and for the record she did told her mom and dad first, she left a note on the freezer — and told her a very important rule.

If a boy that you find cute smiles at you, stay the fuck away from him.

Apparently the womans in their family tended to attract a certain kind of men that had the word trouble written all over them, and sadly the womans of her family didn't know better and more often than not they fell for them — her Lela was a big example, even when she knew better she still followed a man to america when he was nothing but troubles, and that's how their family actually end up in Gotham —

So when Davina was in her first week in Gotham academy, and was having problem with a work sheet that her new teacher gave her, instead of going with the cute blonde that have been looking her way for the past three hours she went with the boy that was looking at the clock like he couldn't comprehend why it was going so slow — And Davina couldn't blame him for this, because she felt the same, math class was no her favorite and will never be —

"Excuse me" she called with a soft and sweet voice ready to call again because she was hardly heard the first time she called someone, but to her surprise she was heard right away.

"What?" Asked back the boy with pretty green eyes, and ink black hair.

"Can you please explain this to me?" Davina gave him the guide that the teacher  order them to do.

"Why don't you ask the teacher?" He raised an eyebrow.

" Because I already ask him twice, and he spoke chinese to me, no wait chinese it's more easy to understand that whatever was the thing he told me" She explained with a tired a smile.

"And why should I waste my time helping you?"

"Let's be honest here, you are the most smart person in this room, and yes I am including the teacher, so if you fail to teach this to me no one can, and besides I am asking very nicely, so pretty please?" She pleaded and Damián gave her one long look.

She was new, so she still didn't do anything that made him want to jump out of the window — most of his classmates have given him that urge mere minute's after meeting then so maybe she was not that bad — and Alfred was nagging him again about being more friendly and make friends.

For the record he had four friends — and no Todd, Titus, and the rest of his pet weren't his friends because they were family — and that already felt like a lot.

So he decided that for today he could be more... Nice.

"Fine, but I won't repeat myself twice" He told and watched as the girl smiled and sit next to him.

And for the record he didn't repeated himself twice, but four times — and it made Davina glow when she finally understand it —

"They are waiting for you" Damián said once the class was over pointing at the direction where one of his less brilliant fellow classmate was obviously waiting for the girl next to him.

"Never talked to him before and honestly I don't want to either" she answered taking something from her backpack.

"You don't want to?" His classmate could be not be very smart, but he was good looking and good on sports so the common reaction of the girls of their school was fall all over him.

" I mean he is cute, but my Lela told me to stay way from men that smiled me the way he does" Davina said opening the can that she took from her backpack showing a lot of pretty nice smelling cookies.

"Your Lela?"

"My abuela, I couldn't say abuela when I was little and it stuck" Davina explained offering the can of cookies to Damián who took one with a little distrust and only ate it when he saw the girl eating first. "Besides I am already talking to you and you are way more interesting than him"

"How you know that? That I am more interesting" he added when the girl seemed a little bit confused

"Any person that can teach complex math problems like he is talking about why the sky is blue, has to be way more interesting than a pretty face"

"It wasn't so difficult" he said but Davina could see the smugness in his face.

"Sure thing and I am the easter bunny" Davina answered with an easy smile more genuine that all the one she ever gave since she first entered this school.

"That's good since I have always wanted to know if you paint the chocolate eggs yourself or you have someone else doing it?" He asked like he was talking about something serious, but the mischievous glint in his eyes gave him away  And Davina was mildly impress, she was very sure that Damián was no the kind of person to make such an easy jokes, and she felt a little proud to be the one that got the boy so relax that he felt comfortable talking that way with her.

"Well for your information I have a lovely fabric on India, it used to be in Vermont but the costs of production are way cheaper in India" Davina answered as she was talking about something really important earning her the tiniest smile she had ever seen but hey, it was something.

And even when the class changed and she didn't longer need the help she didn't left her new seat that day, not for the next days.

She only left that seat when the person next to her change his.

And Davina was pretty sure that at least for the first weeks it had more to do with the food she bringed to school than with Damián actually liking her but it was okay, because she was also using him.

Davina stress cooked, but couldn't eat when she was stressed, so she always end up with more food than she could possibly eat, and her first weeks on Gotham academy were obviously a cause of a lot of stress for her since she was the new kid with a scholarship. So it was a win win situation for everyone

.

Note: I hope you like it! And I have a lot more chapters so I will be publishing one every day this week!

Love and kisses to you all!

Extra:

Davina: I love you so much
Damián: Are you speaking to me or the cup of tea?
Davina:
Davina: I can love two things.

Jason: I wasn't hurt so badly
Jason: the doctor said that all my bleeding was internal
Jason: that's where the blood is supposed to be!