What are you doing here?

The first thing that Tim noted was that Damián was slightly less grumpy - he would even dared to said that he looked happy - than usual, and that he was more interested in his phone than what was normal for him.

Later Alfred told him that it probably was because of the new friend that Damián had made in school, and since it couldn't be possible that Damián Made friends with an actual human kid on his own, Tim naturally though that Damián was acting so that Alfred wouldn't bother him so much about being more friendly and making friends in school - or any friend that wasn't part of their nightly activities -

So Tim let him be, because Alfred was happy and Damián was less annoying so it was a win win situation for everybody.

And then one day Tim when to the manor to search for some of his old stuff, and heard the most rare of sounds, something so weird that made his blood run cold.

He heard Damián laugh.

Not the sound he use when he was mocking someone, or being mean, or the one he made when he was enjoying someone else misery - most of the time Tim's misery -. No, it was the kind of laugh that it was carefree and nice, like the one of a normal human being.

So yes for a solid minute Tim thought that he was having an stroke, and all this was part of the imagination of his dying brain.

And then he saw her.

Well he saw Damián walking next to a girl he have never seen before in his life.

The girl had long brown hair that fell from her shoulders in waves, her skin color was lighter than Damian's but she had certain latin faction's, so she had probably at least one parent that had latin roots.

Her eyes where a very light tone of brown and there was something about them that he couldn't identify, something not completely natural...

"Goodbye Alfred!" The girl call to the butler that was right behind them holding a plastic container with what Tim could see where cookies.

"For your Grandmother, like a thanks for the last pie she sent" he said with an easy smile but that it had a strange edge to it.

"Oh thank you! She's gonna love them!" She cheer taking the container in her hands.

"I'll be back in a while" Damián told the butler.

"Of course, have a safe trip" he answered making a little bow before leaving.

"Should we be worry about the passive-agressive cooking contest that Alfred and my Lela seem to have going on?" The girl asked raising an eyebrow.

"What is your Lela going to cook next?" He asked looking interested.

"I think I watch her buying blue berries the other day to made homemade jam, and use it for a cake" She explained.

"Then let's them be"

"If you say so" she lower her shoulders finally catching sight of Tim. "Erm Dami?" She asked her friend who looked at Tim.

"Drake" he saluted "what are you doing here?"

"Damian, I came to look for something I left in my room last time I was here" he explained even when he didn't feel like he had to explained himself for being in his own home.

Fine Tim didn't longer lived here but this was still his home, and it was his home way before Damian's even if the little gremlin forgot that sometimes.

"No me vas a presentar¹?" Tim listened to the girl saying in a perfect latin accent, and wow, she didn't have one when she was talking on english.

"No es nadie que necesites conocer²" answered Damián and hey! He could understand too, and he knew that Damián knew that.

"That doesn't seem very nice" the girl accused and then she look straight to Tim with a nice smile " Nice to meet you, I am Davina Vittoria Damian's friend" she introduced herself.

"Timothy Drake, Damian's brother" he said but before he could take the girl hand to shake it, Damián took her by the arm and drag her away.

"Adiós³!" She said goodbye not looking the slightest annoyed about the fact that Damián was treating her like a ragdoll.

Odd.. but it was a relationship that Damian made on his own so it was bound to be odd so he let it be... For now at least.

The next time Tim saw Davina was a couple of weeks later when he was returning a book he took from Bruce library.

The girl was watching the tittles of the books like she was searching for something but didn't know what it was exactly.

"Do you need some help?" He asked surprising her and he swear that he heard her say something nasty about his mother in spanish.

"Maybe?" She answered not looking very sure "I have to make a book report, and I was looking for something interesting to write about"

"Did you ask Damián for a suggestion?" He said receiving a laugh in return.

"I did asked Dami, and he gave me a Thousand pages book about Russian history, so I am taking more humane suggestions now" She said and it was time for Tim to laugh a little.

"So tell me about the theme and I might give you a few ideas"

"You are a life saver" she said with a bright smile and walked to Tim so they could talk better.

After Tim helped Davina with her assignment they talk about... Well everything, they had a lot of thing in common, and she didn't think that Tim was boring or a geek for liking the things that he like.

And the more they talk the more Tim came to the realization that Davina was the nice and pretty girl that everybody like in school, and the popular kid in high school secretly hoped for her to be his girlfriend.

So basically she was way out of Tim league, Wich was a strange thing to think since she was first too young for Tim - just three years, so it wasn't so much the difference - and second and more importantly she was Damián friend, so she was no good form him and Tim should stay away from her.

That's exactly what Tim should do.

"You got us tickets to the premier? Tim that's amazing!" Davina jumped and hug him really hard almost knocking all of the air out of his lungs.

Or maybe it wasn't that hard and it was just the fact that Davina was so close to him, and hugging him... And kissing his cheeks, God blessed the more friendly latin culture.

"Eres increíble⁴! Te quiero tanto⁵!" She said excited "I'm gonna tell Dami" and in a blink she was out of the room.

Leaving Tim with his poor and foolish heart ringing on his ear.

Tim was so doomed.

.

Notes:

1.- aren't you going to introduce us?
2.- he is not worth it
3.- good-bye!
4.- you are amazing!
5.- i love you so much!

Any notes? Do you like because I like it a lot, I love Tim truly but it's so fun to watch him suffer.

Extras:

Davina: hey, I was wondering if you could help me out?
Jason: say no more. Here's a loaded gun.
Davina: Nope. Different thing.

.

Damián: *holding a box* what would you say if one day I came home with ten ducklings?
Alfred: Uhm- I... Was in the box Master Damián?
Damián: ...
Alfred: whats in the box Master Damián?
Damián: ...
Alfred:...
Damián: I think you know