I lied.

Damián was definitely not nervous, he had fought against some of the worst villains of the world, of the galaxy without hesitated not even once.

So in theory meeting Davina's Lela shouldn't be that hard, in theory.

If only Damián didn't know that she was probably the most important person in Vina's life — besides her brother — and most of her words were Law for Vina, wich means that if the woman didn't like him enough and decided that Vina shouldn't spend her time with him there was a big chance that Vina would listen to her and let Damián alone for good.

And that... That was something that Damián didn't even wanted to think about, Vina was part of his life know and would be forever if he had something to say about it, wich he did.

"Lela ya llegué¹" Vina called opening the door of her Lela's apartment.

"Excuse me" said Damián because in the latin culture was important to always ask for permission when you entered someone else house, and yes Damián made his research.

"Lela?" Vina asked when she didn't got an answer looking around the apartment that was pretty normal someone who was from another country, most people that came from other places would fill the place with as many things of they country as they could.

Apparently Davina's Lela didn't really was the sentimental type — wich it did fit with all Vina had told him about her —

"En la cocina mi niña²" answered the woman and they both walk to the kitchen where Davina's Lela was making dinner. "Vina, I forgot to buy cheese for the pizza, go buy some" she ordered.

"Okay, do you need something else?" She asked leaving the kitchen with Damián besides her.

"I don't think so, and where are you going?" She said to Damián who look at Vina confused.

"With Vina"

"Vina is just going to buy cheese, she is a big girl and doesn't need help with that, she can go on her own, besides I need you to set the table for dinner"  she said finally and Vina for a second look at Damián hesitant.

"I'll would love to help" told Damián taking one of Vina's hand in his, squeezing a little to let her know that he was going to be okay.

"Okay, if you need something else, text me" Davina said finally leaving the kitchen.

"Come on pretty boy I'll tell you where  all the stuff are" Said Davina's Lela already walking to show him where all the things for the table where

.

"You said that you needed cheese" Said Damián watching how the older women was putting said cheese on the pizza before putting it in the oven. 

"I lied" she told back cleaning her hands on a kitchen rag "but you already knew that"

"I suspect it, you don't look the type to forget things when you have guests coming"

"Yeah, Yeah, the latin woman always treat her guest's right" she rolled her eyes sitting in the table and waiting for Damián to sit too. "So tell me, what would you do if I tell you to stay away from my Vina?"

"I'll say the true" Damian answered sitting himself right in front of her, looking fine an firm.

"And that would be?" She raised an eyebrow slightly curios.

"That I can't" he told like it was a fact, something that would never change and it probably was that way.

"You said that you can't, not that you won't do it" she clarified. 

"I... Vina is someone that I need, I don't know how, or why, but I need her" he confessed because he was sure that the only way that this would end good for him  was by being honest.

"When Vina was a little girl she would take care of his dad when he was hangover, she would the same for her brother when he had a cold, or for her mom when she was too tired from work, she would smile and do her best to take care of all the people around her" she told and Damián listen with care, because this was something important. "She even learn to cook and clean when she was just a little girl. When other kids were playing on the street Vina was taking care of the house like it was her job"

"She wanted to be needed" Damián said as a conclusion and he couldn't say that he didn't already knew that, after all since they met Vina have being taking care of him.

It was probably one of the reason why he need it her. All of the other people on Damian's life that had wanted to care of him made it for obligation or because they wanted something in return, Vina was the first that wanted to take care of him by choice.

"She probably thought that if she was needed, she wouldn't be left alone" She told with a little bit of regret on her tone "but in the end, they all left her"

"You didn't" he pointed out.

"Yes, but a girl needs more than an old and grumpy old lady to grow up good, she needed a family" She sigh "and because of that she closed herself to other people. You don't have to worry about loosing the people on your life if you don't have anyone to loose"

"I can understand that" he said honestly.

"Yeah, I know, I can see it in your eyes" in her life she had met a few people with his look but this kid was way too young to have that look " Mira³, I won't ask you to leave her, because by this point I am pretty sure that you both are incapable of being away from each other, so the only thing I can ask you is... " Davina's Lela look at him with a little bit of hope and resignation "don't let her down, God knows that already to many people have let her down"

"I won't, I promise" he said solemnly while he already was thinking about no letting anyone else let her down either.

"Good, now bring me my kitchen gloves, the pizza must be ready" she ordered with a smile and Damián was a little bit happy knowing that he wasn't the only one with Vina best interests at hear.

.

"I gotta say, I thought that you'll be gone for when I was back" Vina confessed walking with Damián to her house.

"She is tough, but I couldn't leave on my own" He said taking Vina's hand "you know I can't leave you" Damián told her stopping a little to look at her eyes and she smiled.

"Yeah, I know" she squeezed Damián's hand and the resume walking"I can't leave you either" Davina added in a soft voice.

And it was fine that he needed Vina, because she too needed him, and that's all he could ever want.

.

Notes:

1.- Lela I am home
2.- on the kitchen my child.
3.- look.

I am back and I realize that I have a lot of chapters and I may be close to finish the whole thing wich had never happened before because I always end up with 50 chapters and no idea of how end up things so I am pretty excited!

Thank you for reading! Love you guys!

.

Extra:

Jason: no I only go to that mother fucked when a  I truly need something.
Davina: please stop referring to God as "that mother fucker"

.

Tim: I am not trying to irritate you.
Damián: well, then you must have a natural talent for that!