Until Damián show up

When Davina was a little girl the first rule that her Lela ever gave here was:

Never let anyone see the real color of your eyes.

The contact lents made her eyes hurt and they were uncomfortable but her Lela never let her take them off.

When she asked why it was so bad that other people found out that her eyes were a light yellow, her Lela show her a documental about the spanish inquisition.

People were afraid of what they didn't understand, of what was different from them, and more often than not they would hunt down and hurt the ones that were different from them.

Gotham was already a city where it was hard to live, Davina was lucky that she didn't have a more dark skin color, so she could pass like a normal american, she could live a normal life if only she hide her eyes.

Davina only watched how they burnt in the stake a poor woman once before deciding that her Lela was right.

So Davina kept her contact lents on the whole time, always having another one in her pocket just in case.

Until one day her parents started to fight.

This wasn't so odd in her house but this was the first time that her bro wasn't next to her keeping her thinking about other things.

She never liked people screaming, it made something in her stomach hurt, and it made her want to cry and her Lela told her that she was strong so she wasn't supposed to cry so easily.

So she put her hands on her ears and closed her eyes thinking of a quiet place, were people never screamed and she felt safe.

She thought that she was in the public library.

And for a second she felt like a thunder of electricity pass through all of her body and she felt a little drowsy.

When she opened her eyes again she saw books.

She was on the library... But before she could think more about this she fell asleep on the floor.

The next morning Davina was found by the miss of the library, Davina for the first time lied to an adult and told her that she had fallen asleep there before this closed the day before, and then she couldn't found the exit so she stayed there.

The woman was an elderly lady, with a soft heart for children so she believe her and even left her close to her house.

Vina just entered her house like nothing happened, and realizet that her parents haven't even noted that she was gone the whole night.

With his brother gone no one care for her.

Davina buried this and kept on going.

It wasn't so hard to realize that she was a metahuman and that most of the world seem to hate her kind, or at least fear them.

Davina couldn't really blame them, as a citizen of Gotham everyday she got to see the disaster that a single meta could cause.

So she kept quiet, and move on, she learned to use her power on discreet ways, to avoid certain streets that were to dangerous for her to be walking alone.

In all it wasn't so bad, her bro was living her life somewhere else, she only got to see her Lela on the weekends, and her parents were never really at home — they prefer to avoid each other as much as possible well at least they did until her mother left — so she never had someone to truly hide her secret from — no one care enough in her to want to know her better —

So Vina was fine.

Totally fine.

Until Damián show up.

He was a little shit that seem to know everything about everyone or at least he acted that way, and because of that Davina was less nice and friendly — was more like herself — with him and for the first time she had a real friend.

The thing about being lonely was that if loneliness was the only thing that you knew you didn't really realize that you were lonely until you found someone who you could miss.

Someone who became like air, natural to be there, and when he was gone you needed him.

Somehow when Davina wasn't paying attention Damián became aire for her.

And it was... Nice, a little bit scary sometimes — specially when she found out that he was Robin — but it was nice having someone that call her a hundred times when she didn't answer a text — someone who knew when she was missing, who would look for her —

So of course things had to go south, because people like Vina didn't have the right to have people like Damián in her life.

When she saw the blue veins in her face Davina knew she was done.

If she went to the hospital the whole world would knew that she was a meta, and Davina had watched a lot of times what happened to known metas, specially in her city — she had nightmares about it, about some crime lord forcing her to work for him, or some asshole killing her family just because they considered her a freak — and if she didn't went to the hospital she was dead.

She was literally between the wall and the sword.

So Davina just did what any girl of her age and feeling like the world was ending for her — wich was actually happening —  did.

She put herself under the covers of her bed, and cried, even when she logically knew that it would give her a fever — if she didn't already have one — and that wasn't something good for her right now, but fuck it she was going to die anyways so she could do whatever the hell she wanted.

But then she heard the fucking door, she heard Damian's voice and even when she knew that it was better to let him think that she wasn't home, Davina really wanted to see him so bad...

And... If she was going to die, Davina wanted to heard Damian's voice at least one more time.

So like a fool she drag herself trough the apartment until she reached the door and just sit there with her back to the door hugging her knees.

At least she'll die knowing that someone cared for her.

But because she couldn't have even a peaceful death Damián found her — found out her secret — so like when she was a child she closed her eyes and went to a place she felt safe.

Luckily it would be the last time she closed her eyes.

.

Note: You know me, this is what I do but... Since we are going to reach the 20 chapter I can offer you an interlude, I have made lots of them with Davina and Damián in different earth's because Dc has lots of them.

Love you guys!

Extras:

Tim: You think that a person can't survive only drinking coffee?
Tim: well ding dong you are wrong!

.

Jason: Who hurt you?
Davina: *laughing* what? Do you want a list?
Jason: yes actually *pulls a paper and a pencil*