The barf-tastic chapter of the trip

Sorry that was a long title, but you ain't ready for the- BLEHHHHHHH.

Sorry I was just interrupted by Lindsay. Feel better sweetie. Now lets start.

Duncan and Courtney are sitting in the waiting room in a hospital. She has her face in her palms and groans. He leans over, putting on hand on her back. She leans into him, putting her head on his shoulder and he puts his head on hers. But how did they get to this moment?

*A couple hours earlier*

Tyler's POV:

I sit in the bathroom as Lindsay pukes, holding her hair back. I hear loud banging on the door.

"You're gonna be okay, Linds. Come in, but if you're looking to use the toilet go somewhere else."

The door bursts open and I see Courtney, worried sick as Lindsay pukes once again.

"Awwww you poor baby," she says, holding her face in her hands. Just as Lindsay was about to throw up she directs her head to the toilet.

"I'm gonna get a barf bucket and some cleaning supplies."

She runs out and, again, Lindsay pukes.

Duncan's POV:

I rub my head.

"Wow! I thought for sure she would've killed you."

I open my eyes to see Gwen and Noah, but right behind them I see Courtney holding a bucket, grabbing cleaning supplies and paper towel.

"What're you doing Princess?"

"Lindsay's sick. I'm gonna give Tyler a bucket so Lindsay can go to her room and lay down or just be somewhere comfy while I clean up the bathroom."

"That sounds like a two person job. Maybe I could help Princess."

"Oh yes! Thank you sooooo much! It's a mess in there. That poor girl."

We walk up stairs to the bathroom and Courtney was not lying. That toilet could make even Satan scared.

"You start by the sink and I'll clean the toilet," Courtney said, tying her hair back as she started cleaning.

*I don't know what to do here so time lapse*

We sit in the bathroom, chugging water like our lives depended on it.

"I'm gonna go check on Lindsay and give Tyler a break. You go clean yourself up," she says putting down her empty bottle. I wipe a drop of sweat off my forehead.

"No. I'll go check her. Take a shower. You've worked so hard. You deserve a shower more than me. And need one more than me."

"Awwww you're so sweet. And mean," she says taking her hair out. I laugh a little and stand up from the corner I was sitting in. She jumps off of the bathroom counter.

I walk out of the room and see Tyler carrying Lindsay as she barf in a bucket.

"What's going on," Courtney says walking out of the bathroom, putting her shirt back on.

"This isn't a normal amount for someone to be vomiting so Bridgette called 911 and paramedics are coming over. She got a bit of vomit on the rug changing into something more comfortable, but they say she can only bring 3 people. I'm obviously coming and she said you and anyone of your choice can come too. What do you say?"

"Of course I'll come! Duncan you're coming too."

"Ok," I say being dragged to a room.

"Okay, This. Is. Serious. You have to take it seriously. Get changed out of that and get in some jeans and a top. We're going to a hospital not a god damn pig sty."

"Okay Princess I'm going, I'm going."

 I reach to a drawer and grab a ripped sleeve shirt and jeans, like she told me to, and got changed. We heard the sirens outside and walked downstairs.

We got in and they started driving off.

*Don't know what to do with a driving scene so*

We make it there and rush inside. We try going with Tyler, Lindsay, and the doctors, but a nurse stops us.

"Sorry ma'am. We can't let you do that."

"WHAT! Why not?"

"Only one guest per patient."

And that's how we got here. Courtney sleeping on my shoulder as we wait for news. I hear a ding in my pocket.

Tyler: You or Courtney has to come here. They said that I should take a break.

I look up and see him stretching his arms, worn out. I get up and he immediately slumps into the chair.

"I'll call Bridgette to come get you two."

"No I'll call her. And thanks for picking up my shift."

"No problem dude."

I walk to the back of the doors and look for her room. I finally find her and walk in the room.

Her eyes are open and she is reading a book, still occasionally vomiting, but doing alright. It was at the moment I was about to sit down that Courtney comes in.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm picking up Tyler's shift watching over Lindsay. Is there a problem?"

"Yes! I was supposed to be next."

"You were sleeping. You get scary when people wake you up."

"Well I'm gonna take my shift. Bridgette is only 10 minutes away and they said Lindsay can go home. Until then I'm gonna watch her."

Next thing I know I'm pushed out of the room and the door slams.

I walk outside and take out a cigarette. I start smoking looking up at the stars. I look and my mind tricks me to thinking I see Courtney. I shake my head and look back to just see stars. I let out another puff of smoke and look down, my face turning a little red. Could I be

In love?

HONK

HONK

HONK

I drop my cigarette and quickly put it out before Courtney, Tyler, or whoever was in the car could see. I told them I was clean. No longer drugs or cigarettes. God I feel like such a liar sometimes.

"Guys lets go," Bridgette said rolling down her window.

I get in the front seat and Courtney, Lindsay and Tyler get in the back. I look out the window at the stars again, thinking about the same question over and over again. 

Could I really be in love

Well that's the end of this chapter! Hope you enjoyed reading this!

Stay healthy, safe, and out of the emergency room,

Noah Jordan