Sticky situation

The reason this is happening, you'll find out what 'this' is soon, is because I found myself in this situation over break when I got stuck in Aruba for an extra week, aka I'm writing this part in Aruba, because mine and my sister's flight has been delayed because  of COVID. She got it from her boyfriend who came on the trip with us and left a day earlier than our stay. With that enjoy the story.

Third person POV:

"Do we have to stop there," Courtney pouts, remembering what happened last time she went to Dawn's town.

"I'm afraid we have no other option," Dawn said exiting the bus as the tow truck took it away. The group walked off the high way out to the small town, known to the group as Dawn's home.

Since the bus broke down, Dawn alerted her parents and they invited them over for lunch.

*Dawn's house*

"I don't like this," Scott said nervous. He looked at the old house. Courtney looked at the house with the same expression, everyone knowing that Courtney agreed.

"You two scared?" Duncan said. Courtney's face , stuck in place, could only stay still but Scott was quick to defend himself as Dawn dragged them both inside.

"We're so happy you all could join us," Dawn's mother said hugging Dawn, Scott, and Courtney. Dawn's sister ran down the stairs at the sound of her sisters name.

"DAWN!" She yelled before hugging her sister.

"I missed you too, Lucy," she said hugging her sister back. At the top of the stairs, all eyes went on a young little boy, that stood nervous behind a young girl.

"Hi auntie Dawn!" The young girl yelled. The little boy waved before the girl told him to go say hello.

He tried to take a step down the big stairs before falling on his butt. Before his eyes even had a chance to tear, Dawn went running to hold him.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She worried. He looked with watery eyes and pointed at his knee. She kissed his knee and he smiled as she attacked his face, softly, with kisses. She picks him up and he hugs her.

"Who's this little guy?" Courtney asked, looking at the cute little boy. He looked about 3 or 4 and Geoff, Trent, Brick, and all the girls were swooning over the adorable sight. The boy hid in Dawn's shoulder. 

"This is Will. How old are you Will?"

He held up 4 fingers and Dawn smiled.

"That's right, you're 4 years old."

*Later in the living room*

Dawn, Duncan, Scott, Courtney, Gwen, and Bridgette were in the living room chatting with each other. Dawn sat in a chair holding Will as Courtney was playing patty cake with him. Courtney picked him up so he could get something from the ground.

"Is this your cousin? Nephew?" Scott asked, leaning on the coffee table between them as he looked at Will.

Dawn's eyes went wide and her cheeks went red.

"Um...well... he's my... um... ughhhh."

BANG

Next they saw Will crying holding his hand in his other.

"Mommy," he said looking at Dawn to pick him up.

She went and picked him up to kiss his hand and run to the kitchen for ice.

Everyone in the room had their eyes wide, surprised at this info.

Dawn walked back in a few moments later and sat back down.

"So Will is your-" Scott said getting cut off by Dawn.

"Yeah," she said looking at her hands.

"I didn't know you had a kid," Gwen said.

"I never said anything because I needed to get the rest of my stuff from my ex-boyfriend's house. I left him here with my parents while I was moving my stuff to my new house around here. I asked them to watch him a little longer when you invited me to the trip."

"Wait so if you have a son that's 4 then?"

"I had him in high school, end of senior year."

"Lunch is ready," Geoff said, leaning into the room.

Everyone started walking to the kitchen when Scott noticed her going another way. He followed her to the kids room and knocked on the door a few minutes after she entered.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a mom?"

She sat there, quiet. He turned her head back.

"Why?"

"I guess I thought you'd think I was weird. Or weak."

Just at that moment Will saw Scott and started reaching towards him. He picked him up and put him on the ground and started to play with him and his toys.

Dawn smiled. She would never admit it, but she really liked Scott and thought having a kid would drive him away.

"Boys it's time for lunch. We need to join the others."

Scott stood up and helped Will up.

"Can you take me to the dining room Will?"

He nodded with a smile and Scott leaned down so far he thought he would fall. Watching them run to the kitchen made Dawn smile even wider.

This is going to be a long story line, in this town, so I'm going to pick up the story at a point in the night. We are going to spend a lot of chapters in this town so stick around.

I also really wanted to get a chapter out to you guys so that is why I'm sending this out.

Hope you enjoy, 

Noah Jordan