Too crowded for comfort

Courtney's POV:

"We have a reservation for a large party," I hear Bridgette say to the hostess. I pull my hoodie strings to close my head into my hood.

"Reservation name?" He said. As I start to look around the place I realize that it was super crowded.

"Yes. Bridgette Domay."

He looks down and points to a name.

"Ah! You're early! Go to the first room on your left to wait for a table."

We walk to a crowded lounge room where we keeping moving as we hear the words 'excuse me' and 'hot plates!'

As soon as the lounge booth was empty I sat done along with Duncan, Gwen, and Trent.

I try to keep my face hidden when I feel an arm go around my shoulder.

"What's wrong doll face?"

"I just wished I dressed fancier. This place is fancy. Steaks, lobster, chicken, tablecloth, and even multiple forks and spoons!"

I lean my head on Duncan's shoulder and he rubs my arm.

"It's okay. Look at me. I'm wearing jeans, leather jacket, white, stained tank top and god damn sandals. I look like a fashion disaster."

I laugh a little as I pick up my phone and scroll on Instagram with Duncan, making fun of stereo typical couples.

We all started to get super hungry and I stand up to talk to Bridgette.

"How long has it been?" I say to Bridgette as she looks up from her phone.

"Around an hour," Bridgette says calmly. I was hungry and upset so I walked to the front.

"Is everything okay ma' am?" The hostess said looking up from his list.

"Yeah, but wee been here almost an hour and haven't gotten seated," I said, crossing my arms. "I hate to sound rude or greedy or maybe both, but I got a lot of people and we're starving."

He looks at the name on the list and our reservation time.

"So sorry ma'am. We'll get you seated as fast as possible," he said.

"Thank you."

I walk back and snuggle back into Duncan's arms.

"What did they say," he says.

"We'll be seated righhhhht." I cued them and they said, "Bridgette Domay."

We walk to the table and sit down as some boys scarf down bread like their lives depend on it. Dawn pulled a big piece of bread out of Scott's mouth and gave him a gentle slap on the face.

"This place is fancy. Don't eat like an animal."

"Here's your table. Sorry for the wait."

"No problem," Bridgette said.

"Oh but it is. We don't like leaving our customers like that. You know what. Free dessert on the house for the long wait and your cooperation."

"Awww thank you. That's very sweet. And I think it's pretty obvious what our main course will be."

"Breadsticks." He says.

We all laugh at the joke before he says,

"I know what you guys want and I'll make it three because look at how many people are in your group."

"That'd be lovely. And I think we'll have some steamed broccoli, shrimp cocktails, and if you can some actual cocktails."

"No problem, and yes we do cocktails."