I try to forget but I always remember

Courtney's POV:
As the bus starts moving I quickly get off of Duncan. I blush a crimson red. Sure I was embarrassed but can you blame me. The second you see those big shoulders you just wanna snuggle up with them. Wait no. Duncan is just your roommate. You can't have a repeat of high school. I can't go for that kind of a man again. I can't feel that kind of heart break again.

*Flash back*

Senior year. I got pushed up against my bedroom wall by a tall buff jock. Blood rolled down my nose as a huge cut defined my lips. I was crying as if I would never cry again as he held me off the ground by my hair.
"I'm done with your shit you little bitch. I'm tired of your excuses." He yelled. He thawed me down to the ground by my hair.
"We're done." He walked out of my bedroom and left me there to bleed and cry. After he slammed the door in my face I curled up in a ball.

*Now*

But wait that wasn't the end? Someone came afterwards to help me.

*Flash back again*

As I cried on the ground I heard a familiar voice.
"What happened here princess? Finally decide to do something bad to see me in juvie?" I turned around to see Duncan smirking at me but the second he noticed my cut and the blood running down my face he had a worried expression on his face. He dropped to his knees and held my face in his hands. He ripped off a piece of his shirt and started cleaning my bloody nose.
"It's fine Duncan I can do it on my own."
"No you can't!" He exclaimed, "I keep trying to believe you can take care of yourself and you do the same but for this I don't care whether you except or not I'm helping you out. I saw half of it. That idiot would know amazing if it kicked him in the nuts." I smiled and fell into his chest crying. He quickly wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. I couldn't believe how much the criminal could ever care for anyone.
*Flash back over*
I look over at Duncan who is listening to music on his air pods. I take his left one out and put it in my ear. He looks over and smirks. He pulls me into him with his arm and puts on our favorite song. I quickly get so relaxed that it feels as if I'm in heaven.

Dawn's POV:

I look up to still see Scott holding me in his arms. I always questioned about Scott. Like why he hated everyone or why he either caused chaos or kept to himself. Sure Scott didn't have a perfect family. Actually in his eyes he never had a family at all. Anytime people were nice to him he would just push them away and when we left him alone he liked to make our lives miserable. So what was Scott's family like that could make him so upset inside.

Scott's POV:

As I see Dawn look up at me frowning I lift her head so I can whisper

"What's wrong?"

"Well," She whispers,"Why are you always so upset."

I gave her a questioning look until I realized what she was talking about.

"Well I guess it was just my family."

She looked at me with a smirk.

"I know that. So what's the full story?"

*Flash Back for the 3rd time this chapter cause I'm running out of ideas. Lovely*

As I looked up at the big, old farm house I had I was terrified to go in. I thought about the two options I had.

1. Go in and deal with my terrible family

or

2. Go to my cousin Ed's house and have him leave me alone as I do my homework peacefully but deal with more pain when pappy finds out.

I never knew why but even though I knew the consequences I always went with the second option because at least I felt safe for a little longer than if I had went with the first option.