Start the damn car!

Duncan's POV: 

I felt someone shaking me side to side as I slept.

"Come on you big ogre. We're going to be late."

"What's your big rush." I say looking at my alarm clock," It's only 3:15."

"Well if you don't wake up now I'll leave you behind."

I chuckle a little,"OK I'm up, I'm up."

I grab my suitcase as I get into a white tank top, blue jeans, and a red and black flannel. As I walk out of my room Courtney ruffles up my now kinda long black and green hair.  As I'm walking to the kitchen I see Courtney running around the house grabbing random items a putting them into a black tote bag.

"I thought you packed last night?"

She held up a pad,"Can never be too careful."

I've gotten used to seeing her do stuff like this. I sit down with a piece of toast when I hear a ding at the door. 

"I'll get it." Courtney runs to the door.

As she opens the door I see Gwen and Trent outside. I come to the door and put my arm on Courtney's head.

"You didn't tell me they were coming."

She pushes my arm off,"They live close to us so I suggested that to save gas we go together."

"In the jeep?" I question. Courtney's car only fits two people. She saved up her money for the Lamborghini. 

"Sadly yes I do mean the jeep. That red door less piece of junk." Courtney said upset. Sure it had enough space to fit all of us and all our stuff and it's not like she dislikes the jeep part of the car. She hates the door less part.

"Well I'm going to bring our stuff down to the car. Trent wanna come with?"

"What the heck. Sure I can help."

We got all the suitcases and Trent's guitar but when I reached to grab Courtney's black bag she slapped my hand away.

"No way am I trusting you with this bag."

I shrugged it off and me and Trent got in the elevator. 

When we got to the parking lot it was all pretty much empty.

"Dude did you scare away your neighbors or something. Or did Courtney get to that first."

I laughed at his joke. As I calmed down my laughing I said,"Nah dude. My neighbors just leave really early in the morning."

I started the car as I saw Courtney and Gwen come out of the elevator. As Gwen gets in the back with Trent Courtney nervously gets in the front with me.

"Are you sure you're not afraid. If you don't want to sit up there me or Trent can switch with you", Gwen said.

"NO! I'm fine." Courtney yelled.

She sits down and squeezes her hands. I grab her left hand and hold it. She smiles.

"And we're off." I say as I get to the already crowded New York city streets.

"I've lived here since I graduated college and yet I still don't understand how there can be so much traffic at 4 am."