Sneaking Around

I've noticed how much people liked the first hotel in Pennsylvania so I decided to do another, but as you remember it was a motel. Let's begin the chapter and enjoy! Funniest thing is, and if you live in NY you know what I'm talking about, we were hit with a hurricane awhile ago in August XD! Now you can continue reading.

Duncan's POV:

As everyone is unpacking in the motel, after having a couple of drinks to take our mind off things, I take a puff of my cigarette outside in the rain under an umbrella. I thought about Courtney and why she randomly asked me one day to move in with her.

*Flash back*

"You want me to what?" I say as she stands in front of me smiling.

"Will you move in with me?"

"Why me?"

"Will you say yes or no?"

"Ummmm... Yes?"

"Than that's all that needs to be said."

She walked away, slightly skipping.

"WHY ME?!" I yelled out.

She turned and smirked before turning back around and walking away.

*Flash back over*

I let out another puff before hear the door open. I quickly drop my cigarette and stomp on it.

"Lovely night we have," she says sarcastically and I laugh along with her. She takes out a pack of her OWN cigarettes. She lights one and takes puff of it.

"I know you're 2 years clean, but would you like a puff?"

She holds it with two fingers in front of me and I take it to puff.

"Things have been supper stressful lately and have been wondering something about you. Can I ask?" I say.

"Shoot," she says back, taking her cigarette.

"Why out of everyone did you wanna move in with me? I'm a messy slob who, you've said yourself, is unbelievably annoying, but yet you've never told me why."

She lets out another puff then drops it and stomps it out.

"You know why I chose you? I didn't choose you because you could reach the top shelf of the pantry, not because of a favorite, not because of your attitude. I chose you because I guess I love you in a way. But at the same time I have the worst taste in men and you've been there every time they've tried to hurt me."

"Why do you go for men like that?"

"I don't know Duncan! Maybe I hate myself, maybe I think I deserve pain!"

She pulled her hair and hit her fists on the brick wall before she fell to her knees. Her sleeves rolled as her arms moved and it showed cuts and bruises.

"Courtney?"

"Don't look," she said covering her arms. "It's nothing."

I hug her and she tucks her head in my chest.

She looks up at me and cups my face in her hands. She starts to lean in, so I do the same, and soon our lips touched. Bliss washed over me to where I dropped the umbrella and supported her head with one hand as we stood up and placed my other hand on her hip as her hands still cupped my face. We got soaked, her hair now looked like big clumps as my Mohawk tilted to one side.

Our lips part and I smiled before I chuckled a little to myself as Princess immediately had fallen asleep after our kiss. I closed the umbrella and picked her up like a baby.

As we walk back in Bridgette spots us and her eyes are drawn to the cigarette pack in Courtney's pant pocket. She crosses her arms and I say, "It's all hers."

Bridgette rolls her eyes, but nods in belief. I let out a sigh of relief. I walk in Courtney's room and drop her on the bed. I flop down next to her and take a look at her smile. What a beautiful face matched with a beautiful personality and voice. I was about to get up to leave before she grabs my wrist and pulls me back. I lie down and snuggle her and soon enough fall asleep as well.

Gwen's POV:

I sketch an outline of Trents jawline as he brush his teeth. As he turns to leave the bathroom I throw my sketch book to my bag and take out my book.

"You okay Gwen? You seem off."

"No I'm fine! Just bummed about the weather."

"Me too. Don't worry. The weather'll clear up."

"I guess you're right."

"Wanna hear the new song I'm working on?"

"Sure."

I hope this update is good and worth the wait. With most people I've shown they say it was worth it. I'll try to update more and try to do or start a chapter 30 before the end of this year though. 😁

Love y'all,

Noah Jordan