The great rain before the storm

I don't remember if I've mentioned this or not but to clarify where the gang is currently, they are in Nebraska (thanks to the breaking down of the bus)

Third person (I'm having a current addiction to third person pov's):

Scott was standing by the porch light, at what seemed to be around midnight. Dawn, who couldn't sleep thanks to Will (who was also still awake), was wandering the halls with the little boy right by her side. Rain was heavily pouring from the sky, growing louder by the seconds. Will spotted the door open, with Scott outside, and quickly ran to it, dragging Drawn along with him. Scott, hearing the faint, childish yells of his name, turned around to see Will standing by the door with Dawn. As he opened the door the child quickly wrapped himself around Scott's leg, holding tightly on to ensure he wouldn't slip off.

"What are you doing still awake?" Scott said, looking down at Will.

"He just won't go to bed. I've tried everything," Dawn said rubbing her eyes. Scott grabbed Will from his leg and picked him up in his arms. Will quickly got comfortable and his eyes quickly shut.

"How did you do that?" Dawn said. The child she had spent hours a night trying to put to sleep went to sleep in Scott's arms in 5 seconds.

"I guess I have a way with kids."

The two walked in the house, Scott now passing the sleeping boy to his mother. They laid him down to sleep before sitting together in the living room. An awkwardness arose in the room as the two sat silent, the only sound being the pouring rain and Dawn stirring her tea.

"So where's your older brother?" Scott asked, breaking the silence.

"He is traveling. He's an actor," Dawn said before the silence arose once more.

"Why didn't you tell us you had a kid? We are your friends. You can trust us."

"I guess it just never came up. Everyone had their own worries and I didn't need anyone to worry about me."

"But we're your friends. Sometimes you'd be gone for days on end and we couldn't even cover for you because WE didn't even know why you were gone! We deserved to know! Or at least have an ide-"

"I was worried! OK! I thought you guys wouldn't want to be there for me. I thought that if I was pregnant at that age you were gonna sl*t shame me like my eldest sister did! I had lost her from my life and I didn't wanna loose you guys too."

She looked away from him, tears rolled down her cheeks, as fast and as heavy as the rain outside. He put a hand on her shoulder and she quickly whipped her head around. She quickly hugged him, catching him off guard. He hugged her back, hesitantly, before relaxing into the hug. Something about Dawn just made Scott feel safe. He wanted to protect her from anything or anyone that could or have hurt her. Soon enough, just like Will, Dawn fell asleep in his arms. He gave his sleeping beauty a soft smile before gently placing her on the couch with a blanket. A small smile formed on her face as he left the room to let her sleep.

Meanwhile in one of the guest rooms, Jo lay awake, cuddled by Brick. She lets out a sigh that wakes Brick up and his eyes flutter open.

"What's wrong Jojo?" He says, rubbing his eyes and sitting up.

"I don't know. Being here just feels weird."

"Weird how?"

"Like hating a roller coaster but wanting to get back on afterwards."

Brick makes an understanding face. He wraps an arm around Jo and she sets her head against his shoulder. Another bang of thunder is heard.

"Storm's a brewing," Brick said, as the 2 look out the window at the pouring rain.