The Boy Scout.

a/n: GUYS I AM SO SORRY I NEVER MEANT TO MAKE ANYONE CRY. (2019 update, yes i fucking did, i used to LIVE for it)

i feel like john greene.

it's just going to get worse, i'm sorry.

right.

i'm sorry.

i really am.

just for everything that has happened and everything that is about to happen...

#~#~#~#

A loud series of knocks woke my from my slumber on the ground. I groaned softly and shove myself upright gasping at the agony in my arm.

"Fuck." I whisper starring down at the blood dried into my arm and my shirt, and the floor. 

There is another series of knocks at the door. "Give me a minute!" I roar. I pull my self painfully to my feet and race to my bedroom pulling my blood soaked shirt from my body and pulling on a long sleved jumper instead. I grab a towel and rush towards the huge mess is the hall, I don't dare try and spend my time tidying but I just drop the towel over it, hiding the blood and most of the glass from sight.

I rush to the door out of breath and pull it open, to be greeted with two dark haired teenage boys, in boy scout uniform.

"Okay I get boy scouts go into the woods and stuff, but you lot can't be that lost can you?"

They both chuckle almost identically.

"No, we're actually here to inform you of our annual town dance, to raise money for the scout troop. It's this Saturday, at nine p.m in the community centre, doors close at midnight, formal or casual wear allowed." The taller of the two boys reads off from a card in his hand.

"You said it was annual, how come I've never heard of it before?" I ask looking between the two of them, the taller one goes to explain it, but the other one nudges him quickly and clears his throat.

"You see, the two boys who lived up the hill from you, they never really got on well with the troop, and well we assumed you were a relative of theirs and never thought to offer you a chance to go. But now as they're gone, we thought it would be nice to offer you a chance to go." He says kindly with a small smile.

"Right. Yeah they weren't the most approachable of people. So what's the dress code for this thing?"

The two boys shrug awkwardly. "Just don't wear jeans and don't wear a ball gown." The shorter one says bluntly.

"Right, how much is it to get in?" The two boys glance at each other and then down at the card and then at each other again, having almost a silent conversation.

"Yanno what?" The taller one says, he glances at his friend. "Just say Rick and Shane invited you, they'll let you in no bother." I smile at them.

"Awe thank you, you're so sweet." They both shrug quickly.

"So we'll see you there?" Asks the shorter one, a glimmer in his eye. I smile at him, "Yeah, yeah you will."

#~#~#~#

I couldn't pull myself out of bed Monday morning to get to school, my arms ached with fresh cuts and my mind was filled with the image of the boy scout called Rick. I knew in the back of my mind that this was only a fleeting little crush, but it was helping shove Daryl fucking Dixon out of my mind and that's all I needed right now.

However on Tuesday I clambered out of bed, showered, dressed, half packed my bag and then began the walk to school. I was hoping to sneak out during lunch to meet with Michonne, her eighteenth birthday was coming up in a few weeks and as her best friend I was designated second in command for all party detail.