Southern Drawl.

'So we have our first gym class in the pool with the boys. I want predictions on hotness!' Kaley - a girl who was a little over-excited, boy mad yet still nice and friendly - squealed as we filed into the changing rooms.

'Okay, so who do we think will have the most developed six pack?' She jumped onto the bench. Several names were nominated and I heard Daryl's twice. 'Now, finest ass.' Once again Daryl's name was nominated. 'Most prominent groin area.' Kaley giggled. Daryl was once again nominated. 'Buffest arms.' Where Daryl was again nominated.

It felt weird having your best friend nominated for a "hotness" award. It felt weird that a "hotness" award even existed. How old were they,twelve?

'Anyone wanna put bets on it?' Kaley pulled a sheet out of a copy she had been handed and hung it from her locker. 'Twenty on Daryl not have the most developed six pack, and finest ass, and twenty on Daryl having the biggest dick and buffest arms.' I announced, heads whipping to stare at me. 'And trust me, I think I'd know.'

Kaley hopped down off the bench and walked towards me. 'Either you've seen him naked which means you're not just friends with him, or you're friends with benefits. Or you just really know him.' She raised her eye brows.

'I would like to drive you all crazy by agreeing with you on the first two terms but I've never seen Daryl naked, but trust me I know him.' I sighed and muttered that I knew the bastard too well.

'Anyone wanna bet against me?' I stepped backwards and up onto another bench. 'Twenty you're wrong on all counts.' Hillary, a girl I didn't likevery much, took me up on my challenge. 'Deal.' I said, holding out my hand which she half shook.

Once we were dressed the other girls suddenly became nervous. 'What? They're just guys.' I shrugged and made my way to the door but Kaleystopped me. 'They are guys, who will take first impressions when we're half naked seriously.' I rolled my eyes. 'Who cares?' She didn't havetime to answer as I was already out the door.

They slowly followed me. Not as enthusiastic as I was, but they still came. Some of the boys were out already, but not all of them, and Darylwas M.I.A.

'Ladies glad you could join us! Now where are those boys, putting on make-up I suppose.' The group of twelve girls and four boys laughedslightly at her joke. It was humorous but had been used by every gym teacher ever.

Ever.

Finally the boys emerged, Daryl and Jesse in the middle of the commotion, yelling and making boyish jokes. Which were laughed at way too loudly so that it was annoying. Daryl spotted me and grinned with a wink.

I rolled my eyes as he shoved his way through the boys and then began to shimmie towards me. All I could do was laugh. 'You want some ofthis?' He asked in a teasing tone. I mentally thought yes as the muscles on his backs, legs, and especially torso and arms flexed due to the shimmie movements he was making.

'You want it? You want it?' Daryl got right up in my face making the other guys jeer and laugh. 'You know yah want it.' He flicked his hair to the side and I just rolled my eyes.

'I will deck you Dixon.' I announced which received some sarcastic "oowweess" from the male side of our gathering. Daryl's was the loudestand the most sarcastic. 'We got a badass over here.' He said in a mocking tone.

I then noticed how dangerously closed to the water he was. Our teacher was watching in bemusement to see what I did next.

'Cute.' I answered. I took a step towards him, literally about half an inch from his face. 'Oh, oh you do want it!' He yelled in triumph. 'Yeah.' I said flatly. I then raised my hands and shoved his chest hard, knocking him backwards and into the water with a resounding splash.

'Ya little bi-' His southern drawl of an insult was cut off my the teacher who called us all into the water.

I took three steps back, kicked off my flip flips and took a running canon ball into the pool next to Daryl. 'Ya bitch.' He said as I surfaced. I pursed my lips and spewed water into his face. 'Thanks.' I grinned.

The teacher had seen the anger flashing in Daryl's painfully handsome face, so she ordered the boys to one side of the pool and the girls to the other.

'First swim class, and we are doing races. Ladies will go first, so girls pick your swimmer and who she'll be pitted against." The girls suddenly crowded around me which was weird because I was not normally the ring leader.

'So who's swimming?' Kaley asked. 'Um, I don't know.' I said quizzically. 'How about you and Daryl?' Hilary asked glancing over her shoulder tocheck the boys out.

'Not happening, he has too much arm power.'

Kaley shrugged. 'But your lighter than him which makes you faster.' I
opened my mouth to protest but Kaley had already told the teacher.

'Daryl you will be racing Athena.' Daryl let out his signature southern chuckle - which he had learned from Merle - and shot me a cheeky look.

The pool was cleared with just a clear line of sight between me and the wall next to Daryl.

'Okay, on your marks get set go!' The teacher blew her whistle and I dived under the water. I swam faster underneath it than when I was above it.

I wasn't sure where I passed Daryl, I just know that he had smacked my arm. Which had slowed me down quite a bit, but I didn't stop.

I lost the race which sucked as Daryl had this really annoying dance routine he did whenever he won something. It looked bad, but he tended to do it over and over again. Right up in your face. Really
loudly.

Trust me, never bet with this boy.

So we left to get changed with Daryl humming his song in my ear. Which led me to smacking him with a red foam paddle board thing. He onlylaughed and continued onto his changing room.

'Okay you were right, I know owe you eighty bucks.' Hilary said to me as I passed on my way to my locker. 'But damn is that boy hot, I wouldride him any time any day.' I nodded slowly, kinda creeped out that she just told me she'd have sex with Daryl - even though I know Daryl's avirgin.

She handed me the money and then turned to her friend to rant about what she would do to Daryl and how much it would be illegal and stuff,which sent a shiver down my spine.

Daryl was waiting for me when I left the changing rooms. 'What took so long?' He grunted as I walked over to him as he leant against theyellow wall. 'Getting changed.'

He smirked. 'You mind covering for me, I'm ditching French.' I sighed. 'Can I not just ditch French with you?' He sighed. 'Come on then.'

We snuck out the back way and hoped over the fences and then headed to the local diner to cash in some of the money I'd earned.

I'm not sure if being friends with Daryl Dixon was a good thing or not, but it was definitely an exciting thing.