Two Halves Of One Whole Idiot.

*throw in cheesy smiley face after the title*

asdfghjkl there is a new layout for wattpadwriter. i'm not sure if i like it yet. HOWEVER IT'S MADE MY JOB SO MUCH EASIER BC IT CORRECTS SPELLING MISTAKES. fuckyeah.

sorry that this took seven bajillion years i've started a load more fanfics. my friend gave out to me for it.

i'm eating a chocolate bunny. nom nom.

#~#~#

Daryl's POV (bci haven't done that in a while) sixtynine (SORRY IT BECAME SIXTY NINE WORDS WHEN I WROTE SIXTYNINE AND I'M DIRTY MINDED DONT HATE ME)

Merle sat across from me at the kitchen island, we'd sent our men off to their hotels. It was their last night in Georgia. It was ours too. We had no purpose here. We couldn't find the jewels. There was no use in us staying here any longer. We were leaving in the morning.

We had planned on just telling Athena we were needed back in New York and we'd probably be back within the week, but by then it wouldn't have mattered because she would be dead.

That obviously couldn't happen now because Athena was still in the woods somewhere. I had wanted to go after her, but Merle told me not to. She'd probably have ripped my head off. And now that I think about it, he was right.

There was a sudden bang from the front hall, signalling that our bipolar friend was back. I straightened up in my seat and Merle hops off of the counter top and we both turn to the door just as Athena walks in.

Merle cocks an eyebrow at her.

She frowns cutely.

"I'm sad." She says softly.

"You have every right to be." Merle says. She walks forward quickly enveloping him in a hug. He smiles softly and wraps his arms around her.

"We're sorry." He whispers into her hair.

"I know." She says against his chest. "I don't care. I still hate you."

She slides her arms around him, leaning against him, smiling gently.

"If you really hated us, they wouldn't want to kill you." I mumble. She turns her head and scowls at me.

"I hate you the most." Merle chuckles lightly at her. She pouting lightly and the cuteness of it is driving me crazy.

Sometimes - very rarely now - I seriously regret kissing her cheek at the party when we were younger. Like the day we got a letter saying she'd die if we didn't find the jewels. Or when I walked into one of the torture chambers and my dad was beat to a pulp and there she was.

But it was these moments. The moments when she claimed she would never speak to me again, when she claimed she hated me, when she called me and idiot, or annoying, those were the moments I loved the most. Because I probably was being an idiot and I probably was being annoying, but it didn't matter because it was her who was saying it.

Sure there was moments when I wanted to smack her, or strangle her, and shout and roar at her. Sometimes I did, most of the time I didn't because she never gave me the chance. And anyways, even if I did yell at her, she'd yell back just as loud and with a much better comeback than my insult.

There was just something about her. About the way her eyebrows knitted together when she was thinking, or the way she threw her head back and groaned when Merle was being an ass, or how she rocked back on her heels and clutched her stomach when she was laughing. How she could be louder than Merle and I put together yet when we were hunting you could hardly hear her breathe. How she was swift and agile, fast and smart, never missing a kill in the woods - easy or hard. How her hair parted in the middle and cascaded down her shoulders (bet you lot didn't think Daryl knew that word) . How she bit her lip when she was holding back her emotions, or chewed on her nails when she was nervous. Even the way she walked, the way her hips moved from left to right and the way her arms glided through the air. The way she pronounced 'A's and 'H's. How she said the word 'Funeral' as 'Furneral.' How she couldn't even say the word 'Specifically.' It was the little things, the smallest thing that had slowly turned my heart to mush. Those little things that had made me fall head over heels for her.