A Confession.

a/n: MY MAM WAS ON MY LAPTOP AND CLICKED ONTO THE OPEN WATTPAD TAB AND NEARLY STARTED TO READ THE SMUT CHAPTER.

my life would have been over.

#~#~#~#

It was noon-ish the next day when Daryl rolled out of bed and pulled a pair of pants on.

"You look better with your pants off."

Daryl turned and smirked, strolling back over to the bed. He pulls the pillow from under my head and props it up against the head board, leaping into the bed and settling down.

"That was my pillow." I mumble snuggling into his chest.

"Yeah, whatever." He answered.

I stare at the tattoo etched into his chest. His mom's name. Etched in black ink, right over his heart.

"I wonder what she would say, if she heard what you and Merle were doing?"

He scoffed. "I'm serious Daryl." I say glancing up at him.

"She'd beat us over the head, then ground us for like ever." He answers. I turn to him and then clamber up onto him.

"What?" He asks wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I don't want you to leave again." I whisper, wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiles softly.

"I got business, don't worry, I'll be here for a while." But I shake my head softly.

"You'll still leave though."

Daryl groans softly, then leans forward and kisses me softly. I move my hands to his chin, brushing my thumbs over the stuble that lies there. I break the kiss and let out a shaky breath pressing my forehead against his, not daring to open my eyes fully.

"I want you to stay, forever."

"I can't."

"Why not?!" I exclaim shoving his chest hard. "Why Daryl? Why can't you stay?!"

"Athena, I have work. The company, Merle can't do it on his own. Sure we'll have business every now and again, but I need to stay in New York. I'd stay, if I was able to. I want to. I do. But Merle, he could never run that company on his own, he can't do it alone."

"I CAN'T DO IT ALONE!"

"Do what?!"

"Live." I slap his chest softly, looking down at my naked lap. "I can't live without you. It's lame and stupid. But I can't function without you. My world doesn't work properly without a Daryl Dixon by my side. Loosing you again, I could never do that."

Daryl sighs and takes my hands in his. "Thena." He says softly. I look up at him.

"I don't think you realize how hard it was. You and Merle, you took me from hell, and carried me to a safe haven between you. I was safe, and loved, and happy and you were my best friend, and I could look at you and smile for no reason, just because it was you. AND THEN YOU FUCKING LEFT! No goodbye, no reason, nothing. My life was empty. And now you're back and you're going to leave again."

I clamber off of him, he groans again, and I grab his shirt pulling it over my head.

"You looked better with no shirt."

"No, stop. You can't sweet talk back to you. I won't let it happen again." I say turning on my heel and glaring at him.

"You fucked me, and now you don't want to talk to me." He laughs and little and then folds his arms over his chest.

"I'll talk to you if you stay."

"You know that won't happen!"

"DARYL! You are so infuriating! I hate you!" He chuckles lightly and takes two steps towards me. "Why am I in danger?" I suddenly ask.

"That." He says taking my waist in his hands and pulling me towards him. "Is something I cannot tell you."

"So, I'm in danger, for like no reason, and you won't stay because this stupid company is more important than I am." He groans for the third time in our conversation. Then shakes his head.

"You're more important than anything to me."

"So you'll stay?"

He throws his head back frustrated with me, then he turns, squats and runs his hands through his hair.

"You know I can't stay!"

"And I can't go because it's too dangerous. Friendly reminder Daryl, I grew up alongside you and Merle, I can protect myself. It isn't that dangerous. It's drug lords, and guns, and bullshit. I'm fine with that!"

Daryl groans, again, he rises to his feet and turns to me grabbing my shoulders and shaking me. "You're fine with it, but I'm not."

"Wow, I'm so shocked you actually give a damn about me!"

Daryl takes a step back, shocked. "You don't think I care about you?"

I scoff, "You don't!" I exclaim.

"Athena! What the hell! You mean the fucking world to me! You, you, you. Just you. You are everything. Just everything. You are my entire world."

I scoff folding my arms over my chest.

"You say that Daryl. But I don't think you mean it."

He takes my arm and drags me out of the room, down the hall and through the kitchen.

"Trouble in paradise?" Merle asks.

"He is taking me somewhere." I answer.

"I noticed." "I also noticed you are wearing no pants."

He winks. "Like what you see or something?" I ask, before he can answer Daryl yanks my elbow and shoves me out the door.

"Just keep up."

I frown as he takes off up the hill.

"Daryl, I am not wearing pants." He turns and stares at me for a second. "Fine then I'll shout it from here."

My eyebrows knit together, confused.

Daryl opens his mouth and bellows towards the sky.

"I AM IN LOVE WITH ATHENA KERR AND SHE IS MY WORLD AND MY EVERYTHING AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE IN THE WORLD CAN DO ABOUT IT!"

I stare at him for a second and then bite my lip as he lowers his arms and drops his head. He cocks and eyebrow.

"You are such a fucking dork."

He smiles and strides towards me he leans down and kisses me softly, my arms snake around his neck again. He smiles placing his hands on my waist.

Smiling into the kiss.

"I've wanted this for so long." He says keeping his eyes closed his forehead pressed against mine.

"Just please don't ruin it."

#########

A/n short fluffy filler chapter, sorry. Updating on the bus to Dublin.

Right I've stuff to say. Aaam I'm out of the country for the next four days

I'm in Belgium with my school, and I'm in Disneyland on Wednesday, so if anyone else is in Disneyland (Paris) on Wednesday, come say hey! I'm back home Thursday, but then Friday to Sunday I'm hiking with the scouts. Then Monday to Wednesday next week I'm away with my best friend.

Soooooo, updates will be infrequent, I'm sorry! But I will try my best to update. I LOVE ALL OF YOU! sorry for this shit chapter 😃 you guys da best