Merle, Beer and an Opinion.

GUYS! HI!

#~#~#

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Merle stood outside of the room for a moment, unsure of where he wanted to go, however there was one thing he was certain of and that was, that he didn't want to stay and listen to his little brother and his best friend fuck like there was no tomorrow.

She had six days left Daryl, not one.

As if on cue Athena let out a loud moan from her bedroom and Merle was already gone, out the door and into the truck.

His plan for the night was to drive to the town, go to Sal's - the ban that had been placed on he and Daryl was well gone. His main aim was to avoid listening to his little brother and Athena fucking like there was no tomorrow.

She had six days left, not one.

Merle wandered into the bar and as expected his work mates (or henchmen either one works) were all sat around the bar. They moved and let him sit in the middle, as he was the boss after all.

The young bar maid came along and took his order, his eyes scraping over her hungrily.

What? Daryl wasn't the only one who can get some in this story.

The thing was Merle had three favourite things. The first, was drink, the second, was his brother and the third was women. Preferably if they were naked that is.

A good woman in Merle's opinion was a woman who could cook and who had a decent pair of tits. That's what a good woman was. A woman's place was in the kitchen or naked in a bed, according to Merle. It's just the way he was. His view was that women were made to serve men.

F&F.

Food and fucking.

Merle's favourite life philosophy.

He wasn't in the mood tonight however and even though he flirted a lot with the young bar maid he never made eye contact. You make eye contact, that's how it works.

Merle didn't understand how he accepted Athena as Athena so freely. It was totally okay for him if she was being bossy or giving him orders and commands. It went against everything Merle stood for but yet he never complained. He didn't complain about the fact that sometimes he or Daryl would have cooked instead of her - when it's supposed to be her job.

Athena was different from every other woman Merle had ever met, she could fend for herself, she wasn't needy, she wasn't scared, she was different. She was brave. She wasn't afraid of anything. What other people thought of her didn't matter to her.

That's probably why it works for Merle.

Because if she doesn't care what strangers think of her, what would she care about her best friends' opinions, she wouldn't bat an eyelid. So Merle could scream and shout and yell about her not being a good woman yet she would never listen. And somewhere in the back of his mind, he was glad about that.

He was glad that there was women out there who didn't just follow the rules, who didn't fit into society. Who weren't the perfect woman. It described Athena perfectly.

He loved Athena, he truly did.

It was gone two a.m when Merle stumbled out of the bar. He was shitfaced. One of his men tripped towards him holding out a sheet of paper.

"I was told to give this to you boss." The man said nearly puking due to the amount of alcohol he had drank.

Merle however was a heavy weight when it came to drinking and even though he knew he'd drank more than all of his men combined he could probably walk in a better straight line than all of them.

Merle grunted and ripped the paper from his hand. He scanned it briefly, his eyes catching several words but nothing really registering as he tumbled back to Athena's house.

When Merle arrived he was glad to hear the Daryl and Athena had stopped and must be asleep, he crept silently to his own room and collapsed and quieting as a drunken man can do.

The little piece of paper fell out of his hand and onto the floor. Yet such a piece of paper, which such important information, should never be discarded with such disrespect and yet it still was, leaving Merle in for a very rude awakening the next morning.

#~#~#

sorry it doesn't have smut.

you need to be in a certain mood to write daryl smut and i just can't get to it so i split the chapter so now you've two shorter chapters instead of one really long one. the smut will come soon enough i just felt bad leaving you guys going for so long with nothing, i apologise!

I WAS JUST WONDERING guys WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE moment/ quote/ chapter/ chapter title/ or character IN THE FIC SO FAR i kinda really wanna know, so comment below and vote and stuff too.

love you guys i'm sorry for being a bad updater.

baiiii ;-; ~ mrsnotasheep.