CHAPTER 11

The following morning I woke up and prepared for my journey. I cleaned the house and made breakfast for everyone. I then took a bath and sorted all of my stuff. I went to load it in the car and went back inside the house. Everyone was now awake, I greeted and went to dish for myself. I sat down and ate. Everyone else was eating.

Lubanzi: “yesterday was a success. I am sure your parents are very proud of you.”
Me: “thank you malume.”

We all ate and my cousins washed the dishes. My uncles then distributed the meat and gave me a share. I didn’t want much meat because I knew by the time I get to Jozi, it would be spoiled. I packed everything on the car and drove out after bidding farewell. I drive to the forest and parked the car on the road.

I climbed off and went to the heart of the forest. I heard hisses and I knew that my snake friends were here. I sat on a rock and waited for them. They came and they were many of them.

Me: “thank you for what you did yesterday.” I said to Bari. He chuckled.
Bari: “you’re welcome. And for you I’d do that over and over again.”
Kori: “Mr. Knight in shining armor.” We all laughed.
Me: “well I came to say goodbye because I am headed back to Jozi.”

Jaxon: “have a safe journey. See you soon.”
Me: “I know you will.” I went back to the car. I drove to town where I met my friends. Ellen was driving with Azee. Phezana was with Kwenza and Masiko while Mehluko volunteered to drive for me. “Can we please get cooler box and ice? There is meat in the boot and I don’t want it to get spoiled.”

Mehluko: “there is a cooler box in Azee’s car.” He went to take it. Luckily it had ice. We placed the meat inside. We passed by Debonairs to buy pizza and we then bought muffins, sweets and drinks. “Now we are all set.”

Me: “just know we are not going to take turns on the road. I am exhausted.” He laughed.
Mehluko: “such a bully.”

Me: “you volunteered darling.” He rolled his eyes and started the car. It was fun driving with him. We talked, laughed, ate and sang till we arrived in Jozi.
--
I woke up the following day and I was still tired from yesterday’s journey but I had a job to do. So I cleaned and cooked and then went to prepare Mabel for the day ahead. When I was done I went to my room and made my bed. I showered and got dressed.

I then went to laundry for everyone. When I was done I went to the kitchen. Ellen’s plate and glass were on the sink which means she had eaten and was probably on her way to work or preparing to leave. My phone beeped. I checked and I saw a text from Mehluko.

“Allow me to take you out today. And before you use Mabel as an excuse, we will drop her off at my place. My maid will take care of her.”

I laughed and replied yes. He said he will fetch me after 30 minutes. I rushed to Bel’s room and packed a few of her things on her bag. I then dressed her in different clothing and took her with me to my room. I didn’t even know where we were going. I just got dressed in jeans, forest green wrap blouse and forest green sandals.

I fixed my hair and tied it to a bun. I applied lip balm. I was looking very pretty. I took a few mirror selfies and even some with Mabel who was smiling all the way. I then texted Ellen about the arrangement. She just replied with a thumps up meaning she was busy but she doesn’t have a problem with me going out.

Mehluko texted saying he was outside. I took my bag, Mabel’s bag and then we headed out. I locked the house. I found Mehluko in the driveway. He picked up Mabel and played with him for a few moments and then placed him on the car seat. He came to me and took both the bags I was carrying. After placing them next to Mabel, he came and kissed me hard.

Mehluko: “morning my lady.” I blushed.
Me: “morning Mr. Mabaso.” He opened the passenger door and I climbed in. he then closed it and went to his seat.
Mehluko: “you look really beautiful today.” He said before starting the car and driving out. 

Me: “thank you. Where are we going?” he smiled and glanced my way for a few moments and his focus went back to the road.
Mehluko: “it’s a surprise.” I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

We got to his house and he instructed me to stay in the car. He climbed off and took Mabel and her bag. He went inside the house and came out after a few minutes. He got in the car and drove off. We drove around for a while. After some time we pulled up in a big building. I looked outside and my eyes popped out when I saw the writing outside, BLUE DIAMOND MUSIC. We got out of the car and went inside.

Me: “this place is beautiful.” I said looking around in awe. It was really beautiful and on the wall there were pictures of the Ntuli brothers, Yandisa, Sandile and Keela. Mehluko smiled while looking at me.
Security guard: “Mabaso, you brought a beautiful flower with you today?” he chuckled.

Mehluko: “as you can see man, the rarest diamond.”
Security: “take care of her. She seems special. Nice meeting you ntombenhle.” I smiled.

Mehluko led me to the elevator which led us to the 5th floor. We got there and passed a few offices. We then got to the door of his office. We went inside. His office was so beautiful. Most of the things inside were grey or white and that wasn’t a surprise because his favorite colour was grey.

Me: “beautiful office.” It had almost every music instrument you can think of. “You know how to play all these?”
Mehluko: “I try but when it comes to the piano and the guitar, I am just perfection.” I giggled.

Me: “so what’s the surprise?”
Mehluko: “sit down and make yourself comfortable.” I sat on the couch. He took the guitar, dragged a chair, put in opposite and sat down. He set the keys then he cleared his throat.

‘All this time I thought I was right
I thought I was better
I thought I was doing better now
It’s easy to lie
But deep inside
I’ve been hurtin’
Baby ngyakthanda ngizwile
Aii sisi ngiyaz’fela
Ngyak’thanda ngempela

Inhliziyo ifuna wena
Sthandwa senhliziyo yami

Keyao’rata
Ngiyak’thanda
Me I love you
Me I love you.’ he stopped singing and I looked at him. He just confessed his love to me for the second time.

Mehluko: “that’s how I feel about you Sibekezelo. I am sorry for wanting to complicate your life but that’s just how much you mean to me. I love you so much and I can’t even pretend anymore.” I smiled. “Please accept my love for you.” he stood up and helped me stand up. I nodded and he chuckled. “Use your words.” I giggled.

Me: “I accept you love and I must confess, I also have strong feelings towards you. Not sure if it’s love but if you wanna pursue a real relationship then I am game.” He picked me up and spun me around. I giggled very loud. He then put me down and gave me the most passionate kiss I had ever received.

Mehluko: “thank you for accepting my love. I hope you won’t regret.” I hoped he would accept me with all my baggage.