CHAPTER 23

Ellen was coming back today. She had been in Cape Town shooting this other movie. It had been two weeks since I heard from the Luhlelo weird guy and I was happy.

I did my chores as usual and then just settled at the lounge watching TV with Bel. Well I was watching she was playing with her toys. Seema was outside. I was watching this American teen series called On My Block. It was very interesting and it kept me on my toes. You never knew what would happen next because every time things seemed to be going well, a big problem would come their way.

Seema: “you have guests.” She said making her way in from the backyard.

I stood up and went outside. I left Bel playing but I knew when she needed me, she would come to the backyard because that’s where I was usually at most of the time. I saw Kori, Bari, Nolan and Jaxon under the tree. Well Nolan was very fond of me. Sometimes he would visit without the others.

Me: “hey guys.” I greeted as I settled on the grass. They made their way to me. I was now not scared of them. Like I was really comfortable around them.

Jaxon: “how’s life?”
Me: “life is good.”
Kori: “so when are we seeing the rude guy?” I frowned.
Me: “who is the rude guy?”

Kori: “Meh. From what Seema told us, he is a nice guy. He was just shocked as you were when you found out about us. The only difference is that he masked his fear with supposed anger.”

Bari: “I have seen him. he looks matured and perfect for you.”
Me: “the nigga hasn’t apologized or tried talking to me.”

Nolan: “he is just scared that you are the one who is going to reject him or chase him away this time around. But give him time. He will come around.”

Me: “ahh I don’t care if he doesn’t. The next step in my life is studies which I wanna focus on and he will only be a distraction.”
Seema: “if you say so.” She said with a voice full of sarcasm and I just laughed.

Me: “so there is something that has been bothering me for quite some time and I have wanted to ask you but didn't wanna come off as forward.”
Kori: “I feel like I know what you wanna ask.” I chuckled.

Me: “what?”
Kori: “you wanna know how we mate.” I giggled and shrugged.
Seema: “curiosity killed a cat.”
Nolan: “shut up virgin.” I laughed.

Me: “how do you know that she is a virgin?”
Seema: “he is lying. I am not a virgin but that's none of his business.” I laughed.

Bari: “well a male tries his best to get the female to open her cloaca so that he can insert his penis and mate with her.”
Jaxon: “that's all you need to know.” I laughed and rolled my eyes. 

We continued chatting and laughing. Bari even allowed me to feel his skin. While we were still talking, men and women in uniform made their way to the backyard. They were led by the Luhlelo guy. When Luhlelo pointed at us, Kori, Jaxon and Bari rushed away.

I stood up but I got shot with a tranquilizer. I touched the injection and I felt my body getting weaker and weaker by the second. I fell down but I didn’t lose consciousness. I saw them making their way towards me. Some of them took Seema and Nolan and put them on sacks.

Me: “Bel. Bel.” I said breathlessly.

Luhlelo: “that child is going to be safe without you.” I was slowly losing consciousness. I didn't care about myself but I was more worried about Bel. Luhlelo injected me with another tranquilizer and it was lights out.