CHAPTER 31

2 MONTHS LATER
Life had been a bliss and I was happy. Luhlelo was arrested for what he did. Many of the staff members from the hospital were also arrested including the director and his deputy director.

There were many cases like mine and with the police handling these issues, many people got arrested.

Abongile managed to deal with her stepmother and claimed her life back. Eddy found a job and rented an apartment. Life was looking up for him and he wasn't keen on going back to his home because of his toxic father.

Lucinda hasn't gained back her life but she told me she wasn't in a hurry because things on her side needed patience and a lot of planning.
Well for me, life was good. Today was my first day as a student and I was over the moon.

Soon my dream would come true and I would live my life to the fullest. Apart from being a student, I had also become celebrity. Many people were interested in my life after the news about a Snake Whisperer.

There were many people who thought it was just a legend so when they heard about me, they wanted one on one meetings. Even some with pet snakes would ask me to come to their homes and tell them how their snakes feel about them.

It was amusing because snakes are unfiltered. So I had to listen to family secrets and the pet owners would be amazed when I tell them what the snakes had told me.

Azee and Ellen got married on Christmas Day. They loved each other so much that they decided "fuck it, let's get married." They moved to Azee's house and they got Mabel a new nanny.

Ellen let me have her house and she told me she would give me an allowance every month because she considered me as a her younger sister. Honestly I don't know what I did to deserve an angel like Ellen in my life but I am so grateful for her existence.

I got back together with Mehluko. Well it was inevitable because we loved each other very much. He even introduced me to his family and his mother loved me instantly.

Eliz went back to her home, the wild and the others were so happy to have her back. Naturally, snakes of different specie don't get along but they did because of me.

After a few weeks of searching, we found Seema and Nolan. I was so happy about that because I was worried that they might have been adopted by some families and we couldn't get them back.

--
I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower leaving Mehluko sleeping on the bed. He was here for the entire weekend. I got out of the shower and after lotioning I went to wake him up. He groaned and turned to the other side.

Me: "baby you're not fair. You want me to be late on my first day." I said in a sulking voice. He opened his eyes and sat up.

Mehluko: "I am sorry Bunny but you wore me out last night and this morning." I giggled when I thought about the love making sessions we had in the early hours of the morning.

Me: "well that's no excuse. Get up, make the bed and go shower. I will make breakfast for us in the mean time." He came closer to my face and gave me a baby kiss.

Mehluko: "good morning bunny." I smiled.
Me: "good morning baby."

I got up from the bed and went to the kitchen. I prepared breakfast for the both of us. When I was done, I went to the backyard. Kori was there with Jaxon, Bari, Eliz, Nolan and Seems who was sleeping in her tank which was moved outside after Ellen and Bel moved out.

Me: "hey guys."
"HEY MISS CELEBRITY" they said all together causing me to laugh before rolling my eyes.
Eliz: "are you ready for varsity?" I smiled and nodded.

Me: "my dream is finally coming true, of getting education and getting my life together."
Kori: "how does that feel? To see your life coming together."

Me: "it feels amazing. Sometimes I wonder how my dad would react if he was still alive. I know for sure that he would be happy for me because he was my number one cheerleader."

Bari: "we may not be your father or human but we are your seniors and we are proud of the woman you have become. We are proud of the growth we have seen from you in over a short period of time."

Jaxon: "you have been through the worst but have conquered every challenge. Now live your life to the fullest." I smiled and wiped my tears. It felt good receiving advise from them. I really considered them my seniors.

Seema: "I would love to throw a few words of wisdom but I am too lazy to think."

"OWW SEEMA!" we all said before laughing.
Who would have thought that one day I would be here in a mansion and surrounded by love from animals? My life changed drastically over one night of being homeless and if I was given a chance for a do over, I wouldn't change a single thing because I am where I am because of the challenges and trials I have faced in my life.

I also thank God and my ancestors for blessing me with my gift. It is really phenomenal and it has guaranteed me friendship with the snakes for as long as I live. I am so grateful and I wish my children can have it so that they will experience life from my point of view.

***THE END***