CHAPTER 18

Me: “are you going to talk or are you just going to keep eating and smirking at me?”
Man: “okay. I am going to lay off on the suspense. My name is Luhlelo but you can call me Hlelo or Luh.”

Me: “where do you know me from?”
Luhlelo: “bumped into you crying on Saturday at a parking lot. You actually cracked my phone’s screen.” Now I remembered him.

Me: “ohh. So now are you stalking me? You want me to pay for the screen?” he laughed.
Luhlelo: “oww that has been taken care of. I just wanted to see how much beautiful you were without your face smeared with tears and mucus.”

Me: “you’ve seen my face, now can I eat in peace?”
Luhlelo: “you eat, I eat. Peace and quiet while we apply table manners.” I rolled my eyes. This guy was really annoying me and that handsome smirk of his which I so wanted to wipe with a single punch. Mabel came running to our table while rubbing her eyes. I knew that she wanted to sleep now.

Me: “come here baby.” I took her into my arms and placed her on my lap. She placed her head on my chest and closed her eyes.
Luhlelo: “you have a beautiful baby.” I smiled.
Me: “thank you.”

Luhlelo: “is her father white?”
Me: “yes.”
Luhlelo: “mmm. I also have a daughter.”
Me: “I didn’t ask.”

Luhlelo: “no need to be harsh. I am just making conversation.”
Me: “which I am not interested in.” I packed my food and then stood up with the princess in my arms. He also stood up and took our bags. “You don’t need to help us. I can manage.”

Luhlelo: “I know you can but I just wanna help.”
Me: “whatever.”
Luhlelo: “so lead the way Miss… Gosh you didn’t even tell me your name.” I laughed as we made our way out of the mall. “You’re not going to tell me?”

Me: “nope. I don’t want your weird ass stalking me and all.” he laughed. His laughter was so deep and actually contagious. We got to the parking lot. He opened my bag and fished out the car keys. He opened the back door and I placed Bel on her seat. I strapped her in and closed the door. “Thank you Mr. Luh.” I said taking the bags from him.

Luhlelo: “no name? No number? You are really taking this hard to get thing way too far.”
Me: “whatever dude.” I climbed in the car and drove off, leaving him shocked with his hands on his waist. That would teach him not to feel entitled for anything. Just because he was handsome, it didn’t mean that I should give him my name or number.
--

I got home and went inside. I went to place Mabel on her bed, in her room and then went to my room. I changed into a Chinese dragon graphic drop shoulder oversized tee and knee length tights. I wore my sleepers and went to the kitchen.

I started preparing dinner. I was making macaroni with chopped chicken pieces. I boiled the macaroni. I chopped the chicken into small pieces and cooked curry. When it was nicely cooked, I poured the macaroni inside and mixed it. I finished cooking and then went to shower. When I was done I got dressed into pajamas and went to the lounge.

I watched Fate: The Winx Saga. I loved supernatural TV shows. I loved them even before I learnt about my gift. They fascinated me a lot. After finishing the first episode, Ellen made her way in. she greeted me and went to her room. She came back in her nightie and sat next to me.

Ellen: “how was your day? Had fun without me?” I laughed.
Me: “a lot of fun. Bel made so much noise at the cinema but fortunately we didn’t get kicked out. People found her adorable.” She laughed.

Ellen: “I would’ve chased you guys out.” I pouted and she laughed. “You seem better. Anything interesting that happened today?” she wiggled her eyebrows. I chuckled.

Me: “not really. Although there was this guy who was such a nuisance. He saw me on that day Mehluko dumped me. I was crying and now he thinks he knows me just because he knows my tears.” I rolled my eyes.

Ellen: “is he cute?” I frowned. “What? At lease Mehluko’s replacement should be cute. You can’t replace him with an ugly guy because that will boost his ego.” I laughed so hard I even threw my head back.

Me: “who said anything about replacing Mehluko?”
Ellen: “another good way to get over a man is getting under one.” She licked her lips and I laughed. “Did you a least get his number?”

Me: “why? I didn’t even give him my name. He was so over confident and annoying.” She rolled her eyes.
Ellen: “idiot. But is he handsome at least?”
Me: “you’re hopeless.” I stood up and went to the kitchen to dish up.