CHAPTER 20

Ellen: “he is cute.” I was showing her pictures of Luhlelo. I don’t know man but I really wasn’t feeling this guy. Yeah he was financially stable, had good looks and all but my gut feeling didn’t allow me to go out with him. I just didn’t feel him and I trusted my gut feeling.

Me: “that he is but I just can’t shake how I feel about him.” she sighed and gave me back my phone.
Ellen: “we always ignore our instincts, saying we are being paranoid and all but if you feel like something is off with this guy, then don’t give him a chance. There must be a reason why your inner self doesn’t trust him.”

Me: “even Seema said he looks suspicious.”
Ellen: “well I trust your snakes. If they are saying something is wrong, then something is definitely wrong. Anyways let’s go.” We were going clubbing. Azee had taken Bel to his sister for the weekend so we were good.

This time around we weren’t going out with Azee and his friends. It was a party celebrating end of the season for the TV show that she was acting on. I was wearing a brown sleeveless bodysuit with light brown short pleated skirt and tan floral décor ultra-high heel pumps. Ellen was wearing a satin drawstring mini dress with butterfly décor transparent strap stiletto.

I had went for an afro treatment earlier on, so it was tied in a bun. Having an afro doesn’t mean you don’t go to a salon for a treatment. An afro should be health and what better way to take care of it than having to visit a salon from time to time?

We went out and climbed into her car. We then drive to the club. I was bracing myself. I mean not all celebrities are like Ellen. There are some who act like the world is theirs, some who have huge egos, some who are acting so relevant and some who act like royalty. I was just preparing myself for the night ahead.

Ellen: “don’t think too much about it. If someone is being bitchy there, ignore them. They are not relevant in your life so don’t give a fuck about them.” I chuckled.
Me: “Imma try and not let anyone get to me.”

Ellen: “that’s the spirit.” She increased the volume. Drive by Black Coffee was playing so we sang along until we arrived to the club. It was a very fancy club and you could tell that not everyone can afford to groove here. She parked the car and we climbed off then went inside.

A bouncer led us to the VIP section. We got there and all I saw was A-listers, superstars. I just told myself that I should relax and not panic. We greeted and then sat on a table. Drinks were already here. Phezana came and joined us.

Phezana: “you ladies look stunning. You know, the room literally stopped when you got in. everyone was staring at you.” we laughed.
Ellen: “that’s good to know. That was what we were hoping for.”
Phezana: “drama.” She said and we laughed again.

Ellen: “let’s get this party started. Has that director arrived yet?” Phezana rolled her eyes.
Phezana: “yes. He is in the restroom or something.” She waved her hand off.

Me: “is the director someone we hate?” Ellen laughed.
Ellen: “something like that. He asked me out and I didn’t agree. He started making things so hard for me that I had to report him to the superiors. After that he backed off but he always gives me the evil stares.”

Phezana: “I am glad this was his last season. Next season we are getting a new director from the UK. May it be a handsome man who is single.” She licked her lips and we laughed.
Ellen: “where are Chloe and Jess?”

Phezana: “they wanted to make the grand entrance so they said they are going to be 3 hours late.”
Ellen: “what if they miss the producer’s speech?”
Phezana: “let them be. They will learn.” Ellen laughed.

Ellen: “your friends.”
Phezana: “when they are causing drama they are yours not mine.”

We drank and we were later served food, finger foods and some braaied meat. The brothers here were looking all kinds of sexy but I was okay with celebrities for now. I didn’t want another Mehluko in my life. Chloe and Jess got in as the producer asked or everyone’s attention. They were looking all kinds of classy and everyone’s eyes were on them.

Producer: “hey, eyes on me.” she shouted and everyone laughed.
Them: “SORRY BOSS!”
Producer: “even on a party, you’re late. I give up with you.”
Chloe: “it was only…” the producer interrupted her.

Producer: “this one time, it won’t happen again. That’s what you wanted to say like always?” Chloe laughed and came to our table followed by Jess.
Jess: “hey guys.” We exchanged hugs.

Producer: “this has been a really great season and the ratings are proof of that. I won’t talk much because I can see that you are dying to get drunk. I just wanted to let you know that the channel has agreed to extend our contract by giving two more seasons.” They all screamed and cheered.

Phezana: “OMG!”
Producer: “settle down now. You are getting a new director from the UK. Shooting will start in two weeks’ time. You are required to come and pick up your scripts next week Thursday at the studio. Now enjoy the rest of your night and drink responsibly.”

Them: “YES BOSS!”

The night continued and I actually had fun. I promised myself to go out more when I had time because being at the grooves made me happy.