5

On that fateful day, I'm in my room reading a book. There are no electronics around because it's "unhealthy for the brain cells." I know that isn't true. Anyways, I was halfway through it when I hear a shrill scream coming from downstairs, followed by someone shouting to get help. I throw my book down and race down the stairs, confused.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I-I-It's M-Ms. W-W-Williams," a girl sobs. "S-She fell t-to the g-g-ground and s-she isn't b-b-breathing!"

I race over and see the unconscious body of Ms. Williams on the ground. I run up to her and get on the ground. I immediately begin to do CPR, having learned it online when one of my friends almost drowned in the public pool when I was younger. Everyone crowds around, some checking her pulse, another on the phone at the front desk, talking frantically to who I presume is 911.

"It's not working!" I say a minute later. "She should've woken up by now. I don't think she's going to."

"Just try!" a girl screams. 

I continue the process until I hear the sirens going. The paramedics rush in and surround her. One checks her pulse and shakes his head.

"She's deceased," he says. "I'm sorry."

The whole place goes silent. We all bow our heads and close our eyes in memory of her. She was really nice and a great person. And now that she's dead hurts all of our hearts.  

We can only hope the next owner of the adoption center will be as nice as her.