12

I sit up in the waterbed with a loud scream, quiet sobs beginning to take over my entire body. I hear footsteps beginning to run down the hall and to my room. Billie rushes in and sees me. She immediately hurries around the side and wraps her arms around me in a big hug. I hug her tightly, not wanting to let go. But she lets go and sits beside me on the mattress, pulling me into her lap. Since I'm this skinny, I'm pretty light, so it's not difficult for her to do it. I wrap my arms around her neck this time as she holds me up to her.

"It's okay, baby," she whispers. "I'm here. Did you have a bad dream?" I nod. "What was it about?"

"Y-Y-You w-were a monster and y-y-you k-killed me," I whimper. "I-It felt s-so real!"

"I know, baby," she says, stroking my hair. "I'm not going to kill you. I love you. I wouldn't kill anybody I love — or anyone in general. I know that you know that. I promise that I'm not going to hurt you in any way. Okay?"

I nod. 

"O-Okay."

"Good girl. How about you come eat some lunch now? Your cereal's getting soggy, and it probably won't be as filling, but I'm not going to let you starve to death."

For once, I don't feel like eating. I feel like starving is my only option. I think I'll eat some of the cereal and then not eat anything directly after. So I nod. She leads me to the kitchen. We sit down. 

She begins to slowly eat her burrito while I eat my cereal. It doesn't turn to teeth and blood. After a few minutes, I finish the entire bowl. I feel fat. I want to get rid of it.

"I'm going to go use the bathroom," I say, standing up and putting my bowl in the sink. I turn the water on and quickly rinse it out before heading to the bathroom when I'm done. 

I kneel over the toilet bowl and force myself to throw up quietly. Then I flush the toilet and wash my hands, just for good measures. Then I wipe my eyes with my hand and sit at the desk, taking one of the small notebooks and pens. I begin to draw.

When I finish, Billie walks in and sees the drawing.

"Dang, you can draw! I'm supposing that's a black widow?"

I nod. "Thanks. And, yeah, it's a black widow."

"Well, you're an amazing artist. Keep it up, okay, baby?"

"I will. Thanks again!"

"No problem. I'm going to take a small nap. Enjoy yourself and don't have too much fun without me!"

I laugh. "I won't, Billie! Enjoy your nap!"

She walks off to her bedroom. I hear the door close quietly. I give a small smile and let out a sigh.

What have I done to deserve all of this?

A/N: All of Brooke's drawings are going to be done by me. And maybe when I finish the story, I'll make a bonus chapter displaying some of my works. Uh, is that a good idea?