13

A few hours later, at three in the afternoon, I hear a loud groan coming from Billie's room. I snap my head up from the desk and look towards the direction of the sound. She does it again. I'm getting curious at this point so I stand up and begin walking towards her room.

It's pretty dark in there, but I see her holding her stomach and rolling around in the bed. I walk further into her room until I'm right beside her. She seems to be in pain and doesn't seem to notice me.

"Billie?" I ask her. "Are you okay?"

She turns to look at me. I don't think she was expecting me to hear her. She nods. I can see tears building up in her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm good, Brooke. I don't think the burrito's sitting well with me, though. I'm not feeling well at all."

"Do you want me to help you to the bathroom?"

She nods. "Please."

I grab her hand and pull her up and let her lead the way to the bathroom. When we get there, she immediately lifts up the toilet seat and begins to throw up. I don't really know what to do in this situation, but when my old mom was still alive and I got sick one day, she would hold my hair back and rub small circles on my back. So I bend down beside her, trying not to look in the toilet, and hold her hair back with one hand while rubbing circles on her back with the other. She wipes her mouth with the back of her head and groans.

"Do you want me to get you water?" I ask her.

She nods and bends back over the toilet. I stand up and rush over to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. Then I run back while uncapping it and hand it to her when I get in the bathroom. She takes it and drinks some of it before throwing up again. I open up a drawer in the middle of the cabinets before pulling out a rubber band. I tie her hair back in a ponytail for her. She swallows. 

"Thank you, Brooke, for helping me."

"No problem. Do you want to go back to bed or stay in here?"

"No, I'll stay in here until I'm feeling a bit better. You can go get a snack if you want to."

"I don't want to leave you if you're feeling bad, Billie!" 

She shakes her head and gently shoves me away. "Go get a snack, baby. You can come back after you eat."

I sigh. "Okay, fine."

I walk out into the kitchen and pretend to eat something. I really take three crackers and feed them to Shark one at a time. I think it works though. 

When I walk back, I see her eyes closed, her breathing steady. She's fallen asleep over the toilet.

I sigh and shake my head. 

What is happening?

A/N: So, this took me a while to write. But I have music class from 3:00-4:00 so I have to practice now. I'll post a new chapter later if I have the time. I hope you're enjoying it so far because I think this is horrible. But yup. Catch you guys in the next one!

(random thought: I discovered this looks like a stickman sideways!)

OK