29

Brooke's POV

I wake up in a familiar bedroom. Not Billie's bedroom. Not my bedroom. But my father's bedroom. My wrists are attached to the bed frame, but my feet are free. I begin to hyperventilate, trying to get out of the restraints, but I can't move my wrists. It's impossible and I know I won't be able to get out, no matter how hard I try to.

Breathe, Brooke. You're going to get out of here. Billie will come for you. She has to. She's surely noticed that you've disappeared, right? She's probably too busy working on her song, though. She doesn't realize that I've disappeared.

And then, without realizing it, I hear a voice in my mind. Not my voice, but Billie's. 

Everything will be okay, Brooke. I'm coming to find you, and I will find you. I promise.

I freeze and let out a triumphant laugh. She knows I'm gone, and she's looking for me!

Unfortunately for me, my dad walks in with a beer bottle in his hand. I exhale shakily.

"What you laughing about, sweetheart?" he asks, taking a sip of his drink.  

"Uh, n-n-nothing," I stutter. "I just remembered a joke. It's very funny!"

"Mmm . . . what's the joke?"

"I, um . . ." He raises an eyebrow. I believe he knows. "Why couldn't the bike stand up on its own?"

He thinks for a few seconds. "I dunno. Why couldn't it?"

"Because it was two-tired," I say with a dry laugh, which causes him to smirk.

"That's what you laughed at?" He shakes his head and tsks at me. "Oh, no, babygirl. You're a dirty, dirty little liar. I think it's time to fix this and make you learn your manners." He leaves the room and returns a minute later with a glass of water. "Drink this."

I shake my head. "N-No," I stutter. "I'm not drinking that."

He leans forwards up close to my face so I can smell his breath. 

"I SAID TO DRINK IT!" he roars. He forces the glass of water to my face and tips it backwards. I have no other option except to drink it. I begin to swallow the nasty-tasting water. I begin to feel lightheaded, knowing that I'm about to pass out. 

Billie, please hurry, I think right before I lose conciousness.

The last thing I hear before I pass out are her words in my head: I'm on my way. Be brave, Brooke.

And the last thing I see before I pass out is my father reaching for his belt.

A/N: I'm obviously NOT going to go into detail here. It feels wrong for me to go into detail into a scene where it isn't necessary.

So my parents finally decided that I can have TikTok! Yaaaay! I can't have an account or make videos, but I can watch videos and use the filters. WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT ON?! IT'S AMAZING!

Will try to post one or two more chapters this hour. See ya soon! :)