23

I immediately cover my eyes.

This is not happening. It's not happening; this isn't real.  

I open my eyes, met not by the face of the beast or Billie, but of my father. He gives me a smile and is holding a beer bottle in his left hand. Behind me is the front door of his house. I immediately whirl around and begin pulling at the doorknob, but it won't budge. It's locked. 

He grabs me by my shoulder and whirls me around, and I'm looking up at his face. It's weird because I remember specifically that I'm taller than him. 

I'm younger.

"Hello, Brooke," he snarls at me with a big grin, showing his crooked teeth. "Ready for some more fun?"

I shake my head rapidly. "N-No," I stutter, my voice coming out higher than it is now. My eight-year-old voice. Four years younger. 

He slaps me across the face. "Didn't I tell you not to say 'no' to me?"

"Uh . . . y-y-yes, dad. I'm sorry."

"Sorry's not enough to cut it," he growls, raising the bottle above his head. He grips my wrist tightly and turns me around, bringing it down to smash on the back of my neck . . . .

"Brooke!"

I open my eyes and look up to see Billie staring down at me with a concerned look.  

"Wait, what?"

"You were muttering a bunch of things, about your dad. Did you have a flashback of some sort?"

I nod. "Yeah." I begin to cry silently. "It was terrifying!"

She wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a hug. I embrace her touch and cry into her shoulder. She gently strokes my hair in an attempt to comfort me.

"It's okay, baby," she whispers. "He won't be able to hurt you. I promise. Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure. I want to cuddle with you, though."

"I'm okay with that. To the living room!"

We walk over to the living room and sit down on the couch. Billie puts on a movie and covers us up with a throw blanket. I adjust myself so I'm sitting on her lap and put my head on her shoulder, closing my eyes.

Sleep engulfs me.

A/N: Her new hairstyle is FIREEEEEEEE! She looks so cute in it! Anyways, I have an announcement to make next chapter, so PLEASE BE NICE ABOUT IT! I'll need your help as well, so be on the lookout. You can try to guess what it is right down

here.