28

Billie's POV

I'm so mad at my management. I have to have this song done by the end of the week and I'm not going to be able to finish it in time. I'm having a difficult time coming up with an ending. I huff in annoyance and put the pen to the paper, letting the words flow.

I'm sorry.
I don't think I caught your name.
I'm sorry.
I don't think I caught your name.

I nod. It's as good as it's going to get. I can do the main chorus once again but add some vocals in the background. It's beginning to work out, but it feels like something's missing. 

I go upstairs to ask Brooke for some advice, but she's not up there. I frown as I look around her room.

"Brooke? You in here?" I ask, only to get the sound of silence as a response. That's really weird. Maybe she's hiding from me.

 I search the bathroom. She's not in there and doesn't reply to me. She must be playing some sort of game with me that I don't understand yet. I walk back to the bedroom and think for a few moments, scanning the room carefully.

And that's when I see it. Just sticking out from underneath the bed. Just barely visible to the human eye. I bend down and pick up what looks like a rag. I bring it to my face and take a quick whiff of it.

It smells like chemicals . . . .

I gasp and drop the rag, feeling tears brim my eyes as I realize the extent of the situation.

Brooke's been kidnapped.

I begin to tic, feeling like everything's my fault. Half a minute passes before I stop ticcing. I wipe my eyes before I hear her voice in my mind, which makes me freeze. 

Billie, please find me. And when you do, help me.

I don't move a muscle. I stand there, staring at the ground. It's like she's speaking to me. Communicating with her mind. This shouldn't be real. But somehow it is. How is this possible? I don't believe in telepathy, but just in case it is, I attempt to send a message to Brooke, to let her know everything will be okay.

Everything will be okay, Brooke. I'm coming to find you, and I will find you. I promise.

I really, really hope that I can keep that promise.

A/N: From now on, there won't be any drawings in the chapters. They will only now appear in a bonus chapter at the end displaying the works. I feel like it just interrupts the chapter and I don't want that to happen. I think there will only be ten more chapters before the end. Beware:

THE NEXT STORY IS GOING TO BE SO RANDOM THAT YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

I'm writing it on Google Docs currently and I'm over 400 pages at this point. Oh, boy, get ready for this. 💀💀💀