27

It's been a week since I've figured out the truth between me and Billie. We've talked with each other a lot and got to know each other during that time. We've talked a little bit about what's happened while we've been separated for those long, long years. To be honest, nothing too interesting has happened except for her music career blowing up. She's not too surprised that I'm a fan, and not too surprised that I forgot all about her and Finneas. I was younger when they left, and so many horrible things have happened. I don't know how she could've forgotten about me before she became famous, but I understand how she could've after. 

She's downstairs at this moment, working on a new song. I'm upstairs, getting back into bed after brushing my teeth. I hear a rustling coming from out of the window. I take a glance at it. There's nothing happening. I ignore it and bury myself underneath the covers. I close my eyes and feel myself drifting off to sleep, but I'm woken up a few minutes later to a loud banging sound outside of my window.

I open my eyes and sit up, looking out of the window. There's nothing there. Or, at least, nothing I can see.

Slowly, the window begins to open up. I gasp and throw the covers over my head. I can hear my heart beating loudly from out of my chest.

It's okay, Brooke. Take deep breaths. Nothing's there. That was just a dream. The demon isn't here. And I know it isn't something else. Right?

Right when I think that, the covers are thrown over my head. I look up, half expecting to see Billie. 

But it's a face I wasn't expecting to see.

My father.

I begin to let out a blood-curling scream. It only lasts for a fraction of a second before he places a strong-scented rag over my mouth and nose. I begin to struggle, kicking at him while holding my breath, but he's not a weak fighter. He's a very strong one as I've learned. I can't do it anymore. I can't fight. I'm not going to win. 

The last thoughts that I have before I pass out happens to be about Billie.

Billie, please find me. And when you do, help me.