eleven

EDENS POV

It was Christmas morning, the burrow couldn't be cozier if Molly had tried. The smell of breakfast rested in the air and the sound of Molly scolding the Weasley children downstairs was muffled. This was what perfection felt like, it was all I could wish for and more.

I made my way down the stairs in my pajamas to find Fred still passed out on the couch and all of the others in the kitchen disturbing Molly. Deciding not to join in on the fiasco in the kitchen I sat on the couch next to where Fred was sleeping, I was minding my business reading a book when all of the sudden Fred moved his head into my lap in his sleep. 

Instead of moving and waking him up, I left him sleeping there and started to play with his hair while returning to my book. About thirty minutes had passed when Fred started to stir in his sleep, I tried not to pay much attention to him whilst still playing with his hair and reading.

Fred rolled over and looked up at me before speaking "Oh morning E, whatcha reading?" 

"Its Pride and Prejudice" I replied while my fingers were still entangled in his hair

"Wanna read it to me while we wait for breakfast to finish up?" he questioned with a hint of hope in his eyes that I would say yes.

"Sure" I simply stated and continued to read in a quiet voice to Fred while he played with my fingers in his hands.

Thirty more minutes had passed and it was now eight in the morning, everyone was called to breakfast and we all wished each other a Merry Christmas. Breakfast was full of pure joy and excitement, I was sat between George and Fred while I talked to Ginny and Hermione across from us.

Breakfast came to an end and everyone sat around the fire with their presents in their laps or on the floor beside them. Molly insisted that we should open the presents from her first, so we did and all of the lovely knit sweaters were pulled out of packaging. My sweater was a forest green with a big white E on it, I thanked Molly and continued to watch others open their gifts while I opened some of mine as well. 

As I opened the gifts I received candy from George, Ron, and Harry, then from Hermione I got some more Muggle books and from Ginny a Gryffindor scarf to support their Quidditch team. My parents got me some new clothes and a pair of new shoes, the last present I saw of mine was from Cedric so I decided to open it when no one was really paying attention to me.

As I pulled the wrapping off I noticed a square cardboard box, when I opened the box, inside it was a mug with a badger on the back and Cedric's face on the front with a message on the inside saying "Merry Christmas Hun, hope you like it". As I looked at it a smile crept on to my face and I tried not to laugh at the gift, I wasn't sure if it was meant to be serious or not but I appreciated the gift anyways. 

Fred was sat next to me and nudged my arm...

"I reckon he's obsessed with himself or something" a stupid grin shot onto his face

"Shut up Fred, it's not that bad" I almost let out a laugh but I held it in

Finally everyone was down to very few presents left, I finished stacking all the gifts I received so it would be easier to bring upstairs. As it got down to the last presents Fred finally opened the one I gave him which were the keychains that would heat up if he was in trouble or upset along with some prank materials.