fourteen

EDENS POV

I may have been a sceptic about this party and said that I just wanted to go back to my dorm... but walking into the party made me feel light. Like there was a rush of adrenaline coursing through my body and I couldn't control it. This is the best i've felt in awhile so I might as well enjoy this while it lasts.

Pansy practically dragged me onto the dance floor as soon as we arrived. I didn't complain as we started to dance with each other to random upbeat songs. Occasionally we would grind a bit on each other seductively, which gained a lot of attention from the guys in the room.

After about six songs in I decided to leave Pansy with Adrian Pucey on the dance floor to get a drink. Which in my opinion leaving them was a good idea considering they were basically dry humping each other.

I decided to go for the alcohol anyways knowing my tolerance is shit. Like i said before, I was gonna enjoy this party and the feeling of having no worries.

Taking a sip of my drink, I made eye contact with Cedric across the room. Cho was trying to get his attention but his eyes were on me as I started to down the drink in my hand. I stood still unable to move until I felt a hand wrap around my waist.

"Come dance with me" his voice was low and seductive. I leaned into his grasp before turning around to greet him.

"Maybe you should find a different dance partner Malfoy" I just wanted to tease him a bit before deciding to dance with him. Malfoy was east to mess with, he gets defensive easily...

"Oh come onn Lupin... You know you want to" he winked at me which resulted in me cracking up and trying to catch my breath.

"Let's go" I grabbed his hand and moved us to the dance floor keeping him behind me.

We moved in sync to the song waves that were hitting us. Pulling him closer to my back he grabbed onto my hips guiding me to the rhythm. It got hotter in the room as one hand remained on my hip and the other trailed up to my waist.

Leaning my head back onto his shoulder I made eyes contact with Fred who was intensely staring at the pair of us. A smirk raised to my face as I pressed my ass into Draco causing a soft moan to fall from him mouth.

Fred's jaw was clenched shut as he kept eye contact with me. Maybe it was the alcohol coursing through my system but I went one step further and threw my hands around his neck, playing with the stray hairs at the nape of his neck. I turned my head and trailed kisses leaving hickeys on my path down his neck.

All of the sudden I was ripped away from Draco and being pulled away from the dance floor and through the crowd of people.

Not being able to see where I was going considering how many people were in the room I decided to pull back. The person pulling me came to a stop and stood in front of me.

"Fred... you've got to be kidding me... What the fuck are you doing Fredrick?!" I rolled my eyes and tried to turn away but nearly falling over. I must have had more to drink than i thought.

Fred caught me and pulled me up to my feet making sure I was balanced. "E, you can't ignore me and then try to make me jealous two seconds later" he sounded like he was exhausted.

Slurring my words a little I continued to shout at him in frustration. "Fredrick you have n-no right to tell meee what to do with my life"

"I wasn't telling you what to do with your life E, I was telling you to stop ignoring me"

"Same thing idiot" I rolled my eyes at Fred and started to walk back towards the drink table. I took a few shots before Fred grabbed the next one out of my hand and threw it away.

"HEY WHAT TH-"

"Eden you've had enough to drink, you're slurring your words and every time you move, you nearly fall on your ass" he spoke sternly with a straight face.

I don't know what happened and why I went from defensive to breaking down into tears but that's what happened. I couldn't control them, everything that was being built up the last few months had come tumbling down.

"Eden are you- I didn't mean-"

"Take me back to my dorm?" I just wanted to lay down. I was drained, mentally and physically exhausted.

"Come here." Fred picked me up in his arms and held on tight like he never wanted to let go. I decided to relax for just a moment and sink into his arms with my head on his shoulder.

Although I was only going to relax for a moment it turned into a few moments and then a few more. Until I slowly started to drift to sleep, my eyes got heavy and my vision was slightly blurred.

It felt like it took longer than usual to get to my dorm but my eyes were closed and I wasn't paying attention. Rest was all I needed and that's what I was planning on getting.

Fred placed me on the bed trying not to move me too much, considering I was two seconds away from passing out.

"Do you wanna change love ?" his voice was soft as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face. I simply shook my head no as I started to drift off.

"Alright well i'll see you in the morning"

"Can you stay ?" I was mumbling but he always understood me. That was how we were I suppose, we just got each other.

"Yeah I can sleep on the floor" he said it like he was trying to hold in a laugh so I smiled and turned around to sleep.

Drifting off into a deep sleep, before everything went black for the night I felt the bed sink behind me and a hand make it's way around my waist.

I didn't care, the warmth was nice and I missed him... I missed my best friend.

"Goodnight Freddie" I let out a deep sigh while taking in the moment.

"Goodnight love" he was smiling... you could tell by his voice that he has the biggest grin on his face. That makes me happy..... yeah it definitely makes me happy.

The last thing I felt was Freddie pulling me closer to where my back met his front and all I could hear was his soft snores of contentment before I drifted off into the best sleep i've had in awhile.