𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2~ 𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝐹𝑎𝑙𝑙

Year 845

Y/n's POV

I was looking around for Armin since I was waiting near the river. Though, he didn't arrive and I found it kind of odd as he's usually the person who's always on time.

At the side of my eye, I saw Eren running out from between the houses. He panted with his hands on his knees as I made my way over to him.

"Eren, have you seen Armin? I can't find him." I asked him genuinely.

He looked up at me. "No, I didn't. But-"

Around the corner, I heard distant noises and voices from the neighborhood bullies. I ran ahead of Eren as he caught up with me. He soon managed to run ahead of me.

Mikasa came to my side as we ran after him, who was going after the bullies that were bullying Armin on the wall. They panicked and ran away like scaredy-cats.

We stopped in front of Armin. "Heh, that's all it takes, one look! I'm just that scary." Eren snickered. 

I facepalmed as I let out a sigh. "Well, two of you are." Armin said as I giggled under my breath. 

He tried to get up but he fell back down. I walked up to him and held out my hand. "Are you alright?" I ask in worry. 

He looked up at my hand and back down. "It's alright, thank you." He said in a shaky way. He got on his two feet.

I laid on the steps with my legs bent. "They just heard me rattling on about how mankind's future lay beyond the walls. Doubt they understood half of it, but still." Armin sighed. Eren threw a rock and grunted. 

"Idiots." He growled. "Why's it gotta be this way? Why can't people just let us dream?" Eren ranted as he threw another rock. 

"We've survived a hundred years because of the walls. Nobody is eager on tempting fate." I sigh as I moved my hands on my stomach. 

"Well, I may not agree with that sentiment but I can see where they're coming from." Armin took a quick pause. "It's human nature, Eren. When all's said and done, the government's policies are a reflection of our fear." He finishes. 

"Yeah, the rest of the herd's maybe. I say to hell with them!" Eren expressed pretty roughly. 

"Someone's gonna hear you." I look at Mikasa at the side of my eye. 

"Keep it down." Mikasa said calmly. 

"What do I care? You'll rat me out either way!" Eren said.

"I never promised you anything." Mikasa replied. 

"Your folks know about the scouts?" Armin questioned. Eren stayed silent for a couple seconds. 

"Basically. They're not to pleased." Eren sighed in dissatisfaction. 

"Yeah, big shock." Armin replied sarcastically. 

I let out a big sigh. "I'm not surprised, though." I say sitting up. 

"Huh?" I hear Eren question. 

"My dad is a scout. He's told me... unpleasant stuff from out there, to the point where he doesn't want me to join either." I explain.

 "Are you..?" Armin whispered. 

"No, of course not!" I say, waving my hands around.

The wind blew the leaves on the floor into the water. 

"It's sad; what most people here are willing to settle for in exchange for some fleeting sense of security, you know? Make no mistake, it absolutely is fleeting. The walls can't hold forever." I felt chills down my spine.

"Only a matter of time."

Suddenly, I loud thud made the ground below us grumble that it shook us off the steps. I found myself face first on the dirt ground. 

Agh... what was that...?" I questioned as I got up. We overheard other people pointing in the direction it came from. I quickly followed the people, along with Armin as Eren called out for us.

I looked up and saw a hand gripping the top of the wall. Armin was right beside me, staring at the sight. 

"Armin, Y/n! Talk to me! Some kind of explosion or..." I hear Eren as he was cut off. 

"That's impossible! That wall is fifty-meters high!" Armin stated. 

A big head looked over the town with steam coming out of its mouth. All of the sudden, it kicked the gate of Shiganshina. Everyone around us ran, screaming bloody murder. 

"It made a hole in the..." I stuttered in fear. I then realized that...

My mom and dad were in the direction most of the debris went. 

"We have to go." Armin said as Eren started heading in the direction his house was in. 

"Eren! Don't!" I yell, but then I realized that I would have done the same. Mikasa ran after Eren. 

"Mikasa!" Armin called out. I look in the direction of my house in worry, deciding if I should go or not. 

"We need to get help for them!" Armin shouted. "Here, come on!" He said as he grabbed my wrist.

I then saw Hannes, guiding the people in the correct direction. 

"There's Hannes!" I shout. We both ran to Hannes with all our life. 

"Mr. Hannes! Eren and Mikasa are heading to their house, and Titans are on their way!" Armin panicked. 

"Wh- Alright. Thank you for warning me." Hannes said in determination. He ran into the direction we pointed to. Armin turned towards me. 

"We need to go find our-" Suddenly, Armin's grandpa grabbed us from behind and pulled us with him. 

"Come on, you two. We have no time to waste!" He said. 

"What about..." I stuttered. 

"I'm sorry, Flower Girl, but you don't wanna see."

My parents are dead.

~

A/N: I finished this chapter last night cause I had nothing else to do lmfao. I personally think this is a 'ok' chapter but it's not my best.