𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 4~ 𝐶𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑡 𝑇𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔

Your POV

Commandant Sadies walked on to the next person. 

"Hey Cue-ball, you're up next!" He shouted as he walked in front of a boy. 

"Oh, me? Sir! Conny Springer, from Ragako Village, sir!" The boy saluted, but with his wrong arm. 

Sadies grabbed him by the head and into the air. "You have it backwards, Conny Springer. That was the first thing you were taught! The salute represents the resolve in your heart to fight those who bent on the systematic destruction of our people!" He said roughly, pulling the his eyes out with his thumbs. 

"Is your heart on your right side?!" Sadies shouted. 

I heard a chomp noise in the distance and looked at a brown-haired girl, eating a potato.

Sadies dropped the boy on the floor. "Hey, you there. What do you think you're doing?" He questioned the girl. 

She looked around quietly and took another bite in response. 

'This isn't gonna end well' I thought with a sour face. 

"You are officially on my shit list! Just who in the hell are you?!" Sadies shouted in above her face. 

"Sasha Braus from Dauper village, at your service! Reporting for duty, sir!" She replied as she saluted.

"Sasha Braus Huh? What is that you're clutching in your right hand?" He asked her deeply.

"A steamed potato! It sat there in the mess hall, begging to be eaten, sir!"

"A theft, I understand. But here? Why eat it heat of all places?"

"It looked quite delicious, and it was getting cold. So I gave it shelter in my stomach, sir."

"Why? I can't comprehend. Why would you eat that potato?"

Sasha's expression changed to a concerned one.

"Are you asking me why people eat potatoes? I'm surprised you don't know sir."

...

I could hear the wind blow through the area in silence. 

'This girl is bold. Bold I say.' I thought to myself. 

Everyone stared in disbelief at her as she broke a piece of the potato off. 

"Here sir, have half." Sasha said, handing Sadies the 'not-so-other-half' of the potato. 

"Have half, really?" Sadies questioned as he grabbed the potato piece.

"I thought Sadies was gonna kill potato girl." Conny said as we watched her run laps. 

"I know, what a hell of a first day." Eren sighed. He chuckled and said "It's funny, being told to run 'till the sun sets didn't seem to bother her nearly as much as losing meal privileges for the next five days."

"She said she was from Dauper, if I recall. I'm pretty sure that's a small hunting village in the mountains." I said as I put my hands behind my back. 

"I know about some of us, but you never mentioned where you were from, Eren." Marco questioned as he turned around. 

Eren walked behind Armin and I as he put his arms over our shoulders. 

"Same as Armin and Y/n here, Shiganshina." Eren said with a smile. 

Marco and Conny's eyes were wide open in shock. "Oh, wow. That means..." Marco said in shock. 

"You saw it, you were there that day!" Conny said in fascination. Marco turned his head around quickly and tried to quiet Conny down. 

"Oh boy..." I sighed jokingly.