𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9~ 𝑆𝑒𝑎l

Your POV

"I'm sorry, Eren." Armin apologized. We all looked at Armin in confusion. "I was just talking out of my head. It wasn't my intention to for you to be pulled into all of this." Armin explained.

"Armin, don't apologize." I said to him.

"The fact is that you have a gift for strategy and you know it. I believe in you, Armin." Eren added on.

"Eren, I really think I should—" Eren turned towards Mikasa with an annoyed face.

"You're not coming with me. You're on the decoy squad. Period." Eren stated.

They're going at it again.

"Now way! I'm not leaving you alone! I won't take another chance—" Mikasa stepped forward but Eren lunged towards her.

"Knock it the hell off! Get it through your head that I'm not your responsibility! You're not my mother!" Eren shouted.

Mikasa looked down with a sad expression.

"Ackermann." Ian called.

"I want you on the squad that'll be providing Jaeger with backup. We'll need your skill." Ian said and her eyes lit up. "Hop to. Let's get this started." Ian commanded.

Mikasa and Eren ran the other way as Armin and I ran in the other, looking behind us at Eren.

~

A red smoke signal went off. We all stared in the distance at our loss. Armin ran off, putting the gas cans on the floor.

"Armin! Wait!" I shouted as I ran after him.

"We need to see what's going on!" Armin shouted.

"What could've gone wrong?" I questioned.

We finally made it to the scene. Eren's titan was sitting against the boulder.

"Come on, what are you doing? Wake up!" Armin panted. Armin jumped on Eren's back. I ran next to Mikasa.

"Mikasa! Are you alright?" I asked her.

"I'm fine." She replied as she noticed Armin.

"Why'd the plan go belly-up?" Armin shouted at her.

"Armin?" Mikasa called out.

"Why on earth is he just slumped here like this?!" Armin pointed to Eren's back.

"Get away! It's dangerous! Something went wrong! He lost control and wound up like that! I tried to snap him out of it but I couldn't get him to respond." Mikasa explained. "He's been out like this for the past few minutes!"

"Armin, you never know when he can wake up! He can hurt you if he's still like this!" I shouted.

"But the plan!" He shouted.

"We've had to shift tac. Right now all we can do is protect him! He's defenseless! There's just so many! I don't know how much longer we can keep this up!"

Armin turned today Eren. "Armin, what are you—" I shouted as he took out his blades.

"I'm pulling him out of here! You two just hold off the other Titans as long as you can!" He instructed. He walked closer to Eren's nape.

"When he first emerged from this form, it was from the weak spot!" He used his ODM gear to cling himself onto him. "I dunno, but something tells me that's a big part of the picture! How these damn things work! It'll be alright! As long as I don't hit the center!" He said as he raised his blade towards his nape.

"No!" Mikasa screamed as he slammed his blade into his nape.

Eren started screaming and moving. "You'll get yourself killed! Stop!" I yelled.

"I'm fine! Just do what you can to keep the rest at bay! Trust me, there's tines of other people you should be worried about! Now leave Eren to me and go!" He shouted.

Mikasa ran ahead as I took out new blades. Armin and I exchanged glances and I ran.

~

I landed next to Mikasa before we then heard titan footstep coming from somewhere. We all saw a big boulder in the distance, meaning that Eren was back.

"Eren." Mikasa said in happiness.

"Mikasa, Y/n!" I hear in the distance. It was Armin.

"Armin! You're safe!" I said in relief. We both looked at him as Armin landed in the roof.

"He came out of it somehow! We're set! He's determined to see the mission through to the end! As long as we got his back while he heads straight for the wall, victory will be ours!" Armin shouted.

"Defend him! To the last man if that's what it comes to! Eren must reach the gate! I don't want a single titan anywhere near him!" Ian instructed us.

Ian looked back at us. "The three of you, go! I want you with Eren immediately!" He commanded. "Hop to, soldiers! That's an order!" He shouted.

"Sir, yes sir!" The three of us shouted.

In the distance, we saw Team Mitabi running after Titans.

"The ugly sons-a-bitchs have lost all interest in us! We need to get close enough to grab their attention!" Mitabi said. They managed to get two of them distracted.

"They're insane! Setting foot down there is suicide! If they get cornered somewhere there'll be nothing they can do!" Armin said.

"Yeah, I know. Let's move out." Ian agreed. Ian's team followed Mitabi's.

"Come on, we need to go." Mikasa said.

We all ran off the roof to Eren. In front of us, we saw multiple people get crushed, eaten, everything that was brutal. We all looked over at a screaming soldier, who got saved by Ian. Ian then got eaten. I looked away and continued to focus on what's in front of me.

"There's still one ahead of us!" Armin warned. "I'll take care of it!" Mikasa shouted. Rico came in and stabbed one eye. I flew up to its face and stabbed it other. Mikasa then flew around the Titan and slashed its neck. Eren threw down the rock in front of the gate.

I felt myself panting harder then ever before.

~

"Armin! Y/n! How is he?" Mikasa shouted behind us.

"Unconscious and scorching to the touch!" Armin replied. I pulled out his arm almost as it made a squishing sound. I used all my force to pull his arm out and it did.

"Okay, we got a arm out! We have to get him up the wall!" Armin shouted. I helped Armin pull his other arm.

"Ugh— his arm isn't—" I struggled. Mikasa and Rico landed next to us.

"Uh oh, damn it! He's fused to the carcass! We can't work him free!" Armin whined.

"Then we cut." Rico replied almost immediately.

"But we don't know what that might do!" I protested.

"Yeah! We don't—" Rico cut Mikasa's sentence off as she sliced the Titan flesh.

The three of us fell backward and landed on the ground on our backs. I coughed from the Titan corpse evaporating. Suddenly, the area got dark and we both turn around. I took out my blades and stood in front of Armin and Eren.

The hand reached out to us and I got ready to cut its fingers off. Before I could though, something or someone flew through the air, killing the two Titans intro of us. Someone landed on top of the Titans with the Survey Corps cape. I thought it was Mikasa but we don't even have capes yet. The symbol represented the wings of freedom.

"Pay attention, kiddos. This is the part where you explain to me exactly what I'm looking at." The voice demanded.

If I recall correctly, they looked like Levi.