𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12~ 𝐿𝑜𝑠𝑠

(Sorry that this chapter is short. Next chapter will be released in a few hours.)

QUICK SUMMARY

The Scout Regiment were on the way to go to Eren's basement in Shiganshina. On the way there, they encounter a Abnormal. Armin states that it's a Titan shifter like Eren. Commander Erwin led the formation into the forest to catch the Female Titan, but failed. He then ordered a retreat back to Calaneth district.

~

Nobody's POV

Y/n helped Cecilia carry the bodies on the carriages. "I definitely won't get used to this." Y/n sighed as she set down a body. 

"This won't ever get easy." Cecilia said. She looked at Y/n. 

"One day, you'll have to do this to one of your friends. Like coconut hair over there." She said, pointing her head to Armin. Y/n turned her head slightly at Armin. She didn't want that thought in her head. 

"Well, I won't let that happen." Cecilia turned to her in surprise. 

"I've chosen to protect Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. I know it's probably out of my ability to protect them, but it's worth trying." She said. Cecilia smiled oddly impressed. 

"We'll see. You have my respect." She grinned. Y/n didn't notice that she was blushing when she said Armin's name and Cecilia smirked.

"You have a thing for coconut head, do you?" Cecilia teased. Y/n looked up at her abruptly. 

"What? What do you mean?!" Y/n stuttered. 

"Never mind that. It's not the time." Cecilia chuckled silently.

~

"Heads up! We've got company!" Dieter shouted from the rear. A red smoke was shot. "Full speed! All soldiers!" Commander Erwin shouted.

"It's about to be right on top of us!" Armin said as he looked back. 

"Looks like we got no choice but to fight!" Jean said. 

"Ground's too flat to engage ODM gear! Not only that," Armin looked back and saw about 3-4 Titans running towards them. 

"We'll soon be outnumbered!" He finished. 

"Perfect, then what do you suggest we do?" Jean asked him. Armin looked over to the bodies. 

"The only thing we can." Armin sighed.

They started throwing the bodies off the carriages.

~

Your POV

We made it back to Calaneth district. I heard certain remarks from the townspeople. I should've expected this. From the stories my dad told me, it sounded horrible. At the side of my eye, I saw 2 kids. The boy had a shine in his eyes. I frowned at how clueless the boy was.

People started shouting at Commander Erwin about how many lives were lost, and if it was worth it.