Prologue

Ananya's POV(Point of View)

"I never thought we'd have a Last kiss.
Never imagined we'd end like this."

I was humming a Taylor Swift song as I stepped out of my car coming back from my office,earlier than usual,as requested by my family.

When I entered my house,I found everyone sitting in the living room.

"Just give me 10 mins,I am gonna be here after freshening up.",I said after a brief glance at my watch.

True to my words,I was down in 10 mins.

Only after I took a seat,did I have a chance to study the expressions of everyone else.

Mom had a helpless expression on while dad had a stern expression,and Shreyas was glaring at dad and looked like he would be anywhere but here.

"Hi.",I broke the silence, "Care to tell me why I was asked to sacrifice my time to come here and get enveloped in silence?"

"Niya,listen to me.",Mom said.

"I am.",I said.

"Don't listen to them Niya. Go to your office now.",Shreyas said sounding very angry.

"I came all the way from office to here,not to listen to your fight. Tell me what is it and let me go.",I said.

"Niya,you are getting married.",dad said.

"I know.",I replied.

"What??",dad said.

"I know I am going to get married to my boyfriend in the next 2 years.",I said.

"No,you are getting married to an unknown man in the next 2 weeks.",Shreyas said in the same tone as mine.

"What? These kind of subjects are not for a joke,Shrey.",I said.

"What he said is true darling.",mom said.

"Look whatever you are saying,makes absolutely no sense.",I said.

"It will,if you shut up and listen to us calmly.",dad said,losing his calm.

"Well,it will be better if you say everything in a straight manner,and not in riddles.",I said.

"Ok then,now listen.",he started.

Then,I was told a whole shit cringe and long story.

"So,Moral of your story is- You and your 'best friend' signed a contract about your respective children which was not even on the face of this planet that you will marry your children to each other and now,you expect me to break up with my boyfriend whom I love with my whole heart and marry the son of your 'best friend'. Am I right??",I said,making air quotes with my hand both of the time I said 'best friend'.

"Well,it's not as cruel as you are making it sound.",dad reasoned.

"It is,dad",I shouted, "You are expecting me to marry a man whom I have never met and break up with a person whom I have been dating since many years. And also I know that this sounds cringe as hell,but I am not going to break his heart."

"Ananya,you are going to marry him and that's final.",dad said.

"Seriously? You are not even trying to find a solution.",I said.

"Because there is none,Niya.",mom said.

"Easy for you to say.",I scoffed, "What will you have to do? Just sit on a comfy chair in this house while I will suffer in hell at New York."

"Think the other way,Niya. You will be able to meet your friends,live with your friends.",mom said.

"Yeah, and what??",I asked,"I can do that whenever I want to."