Part 3:Reception Party

Ananya's POV

Okay,ladies and gentlemen (Ayo,ladies and gentlemen), I have finally found the purpose of living in this house.

Last night, before sleeping, I remembered I had to clean (I mean sort out) my office laptop and my hard disks.

There were many files in that so it became very irritating to sort through all the files.

I had been meaning to do that since a long time but I was very busy and when I had free time, I would do other things and this just slipped from my mind.

Many projects and deals had been done so their information was not needed on my laptop. It was already on the company's database.

And many a times, in hurry, I would just paste some information on the desktop and then I would forget to move it to their respective places or folders.

But it was taking longer time than expected. Even with songs going on in the background, I just couldn't focus on my work.

It was as if something was distracting me again and again.

Reminding me how my parents betrayed me, how my siblings didn't stand up for me, how my heart was murdered in cold blood, how I was forced to break up with my boyfriend, how my friends didn't care for me, how everyone always always left me, how I always brought bad luck, how I was never happy, that I was useless, that I was a failure, that no one would care for me, that I was the reason for the problems in everyone's lives, that I-

"Hey!!",someone tapped on my shoulder and I flinched.

"Are you okay???",the person asked.

"Oh my God Megha,you scared me.",I said,still breathing fast due to the shock.

"I am sorry.",she said apologetically.

"It's fine.",I said, " But what happened?? Why did you come here??"

"Why??",she said with a fake sad expression, " I can't come to my bhabhi(brother's wife) whenever I want?? How sad!!!"

"Okay,quit the act Megha. Why did you come here??",I said.

"You don't even let me tease you and have fun!!!", she whined, " You are the same as bhai."

"Are you going to tell me why you came here??",I said impatiently tapping my foot on the floor.

"Fine, have you taken a look at the time??", she said.

I turned my wrist to look at the time on the watch.

It was 4:00 pm.

"Yes,what's wrong with time??",I asked.

"It's 4:00 pm. Your reception is at 7:00 pm. And you haven't even had your lunch. The makeup artists will arrive anytime. What are you gonna do then??",she asked.

"It really doesn't take a lot of time for makeup,does it??",I asked,crossing my arms.

"But you will have your lunch,that will take half an hour. You are the bride,your makeup will take 2 hours,then bhai is going to pick you up. You must look so gorgeous that bhai will drop dead. It will take at least 20 minutes to reach the venue. 10 minutes extra. No need to praise me. I know I am smart.", she said with a triumphant smile.