Part 7: Crazy Friends

Sahil's POV

We reached the house and I told her,

"There is your room. There is-"

She interrupted me,"Where is the kitchen?"

"There.",I pointed towards the kitchen.

"The library?",she asked.

"There.",I pointed towards the library.

"The gym?",she asked. Why does she need a gym? Why do I care?

"There",I pointed towards the gym.

"Ok",she said.

"So,I will give you a credit card. You can do your expenses by it. You stay out of my way,I stay out of your way. Agreed?",I told her.

"Agreed.",she nodded.

"Ok",I said and went into my room.

Then my phone rang,it was Varun,my best friend.

"Hello",I said.

"Cut the crap,you got married and didn't even invite me. So,you owe me a party.",he started his rant.

"Ok,I will-",I said.

"Great,I will tell Ayaan. We both want to meet bhabhi. She is hot, isn't she? I want to meet her.",he said.

"Hey,she is my-",I said.

He again cut me off,"Jealous?Don't worry,she is like our sister. But invite some hot chicks. Ok,bye.",he cut the call.

I rolled my eyes and called Ayaan,

"Hello Ayaan.",I said.

"So,got married without us,haan? Varun told me about the party, don't worry,I know that you can't do anything without me,so I'll come,bye",he said and cut the call.

How the hell did Varun tell him when he was on a call with me? His techniques are unknown to me.

I again rolled my eyes.

I was disturbed out of my thoughts by a faint knock on the door.

"Come in",I called.

Ananya came in.

"What?",I asked her,irritated.

" I am making coffee,do you want some?",she asked.

"Are you sure you won't poison it?",I asked her,sarcastically.

"Look,I am trying to act like an adult right now.", she said,rolling her eyes.

"Ok,make me a Ristretto. Add more sugar.",I told her.

"You are not my boss,you don't have any right to order me around. I will make a Ristretto,cause I don't want you to complain that I don't do anything for my husband.",she said.

She rolled her eyes again and went away.

I was wondering why I helped her that night when she had the nightmare. I could have just left her and gone back to sleep. I could have let her suffer. I don't know why I had the urge to help her. Why I felt the protectiveness over her?

After a while,she brought the Ristretto,she knew that I asked her to make it because it is very difficult to make.

She brought it in and said,"Take your coffee, don't worry,I haven't poisoned it."

I took a sip,it was really good but I didn't want to appreciate her,so I said,

"Yuck,it tastes so bad. Never go into the kitchen again"