Part 24: Time For a Little Revenge

Ananya's POV

Damn, that kiss had a larger effect on me than it should have.

I had glared at Sahil for almost all the 20 minutes of our drive back to his house, in return to which he had a smug look on his face with a smirk.

"How's your office going Ananya?", his dad asked me.

We were now in the living room doing small talk because they, of course had nothing better to do and we, of course couldn't leave them.

"It's doing good dad. I had suggested to Sahil that we could take a leave for about a week and go and visit you all, that was just two days before you told us that you were coming.", I said.

"And what did he say?", his mom asked.

"I bet you my whole shares of property that he said no and that he had some important meeting and if you wanted, you were old enough to go by yourself and he could ask his secretary to book your tickets.", his dad said.

"Bang on, dad.", I laughed a little.

"However, I dare say he was a little more loving while saying that and he also said, 'I'm sorry baby, you can go if you want. I will tell you next time when my schedule is free. Then we will go together, I miss them too, and you know I can't 'live' without you, right?' ", I continued, making air quotes at 'live'.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Sahil's jaw clenched and his nails digging into his palms of his left hand and his grip on my waist become tighter.

Yeah, we had had a silent agreement to keep up our public displays of affection in front of them.

"Please. I did NOT say that all right.", he said with an eyeroll.

Of course, he has to be a douchebag in front of his parents too.

"Okay, okay, you didn't.", I said, shrugging in mock surrender, internally rolling my eyes.

"Well, you three continue. I have gotten a company to run.", Sahil looked at me.

"Aww. Can't you postpone your work for one day? Your parents just arrived.", I fake pouted and leaned into him, half hugging him and the smell of his cologne immediately taken into notice by my sensory organs.

Damn, he even smells rich and hot.

Oh and also, I almost cringed at my line.

"And they are going to stay for a fortnight baby. I will be back before midnight, I really do have to go.", he said, doing a wonderful job of acting to coax me.

"Mom, dad. Tell him not to go.", I acted to whine while looking at the parents to involve them in our act.

Dang it, I might just get into the acting industry after these two jokers are gone. That's like serious OP acting skills bro.

"It's okay Ananya. He won't be convinced. He was born like that only. He can't survive without working.", his mom said.

"Also, we also have to sleep off our jet lag. We can spend time together on Sunday.", his dad supported his mom.

I cheered uninterestedly staring at him.

"I'm sorry baby. I swear this is important.", He said, while buttoning his jacket.

"Okay. Just be back soon.", I said.

Of course, I couldn't overdo our displays of affection or that would've been sus too.

And why, the fuck does this Sahil Sharma guy keep calling me baby?

"Oh and Ananya, you know the head house helper is on leave for a week, right? Their employer is going to send her replacement for her from tomorrow. So, I will ask my secretary to order you guys food. You can tell her whatever you want to eat. Don't overwork yourself.", Sahil, taking the role of the head of the house, said.